unhandled excepthin : c0000005

I have 1GHz prossesor, plenty of ram, and an ATI Raideon 9600. I keep geting an unhandled exception : c0000005 at address : 00000000. Can someone tell me how to fix this because I'm unable to even play SOLO with the game.

Comments

• One thing that helped me was playing in Windowed Mode. My new computer doesn't have issues though.
  • For ati cards of the 9xxx series, I think you will do well to run the 5.11 driver and no later if you want to play t2.
  • I downloaded a Catalyst driver and the game goes to the launch screen but when it starts loading the game crashes or stops responding. I'll try reverting my driver to an erlyer one and see if it works.
  • Also, have you changed the resolution of the game? I've had issues if the game was in a different resolution than my desktop background.
  • I've tryed the Catalyst with the 5.11 driver so that it reads my Ati Radeon 9600 and disabled the AI, yet it only lets the game load up to the point of loading Objects then crashes (this is trying to play solo). Is there something else I must do or possibly overlooking? I've tryed changing the game res and i keep getting the same problem as well and tryed playing windowed.
  • Ok, delete all .dso files found inside the base folder and every folder inside base. See if that helps. Also, have you tried to play offline without any of the tribesnext patches installed? Get the game going by itself before you install the tribesnext stuff.

make sure your shortcut looks something like this when you play without tribesnext:
    Tribes2\GameData\Tribes2.exe -nologin
  • I haven't installed any patches and I've tryed removing all of the .dso files and it keeps crashing. Maybe I'm having conflicts of some sort with the programs I have installed. I need to reformat my drive anyway. lol it's a little clutturd. I'll try reformatting and reinstalling windows and then try Tribes 2 again.
  • You will have to make sure your startup string looks like my example above unless you use the tribesnext patches.
  • edited March 2010
    I've tryed the Catalyst with the 5.11 driver so that it reads my Ati Radeon 9600 and disabled the AI, yet it only lets the game load up to the point of loading Objects then crashes (this is trying to play solo). Is there something else I must do or possibly overlooking? I've tryed changing the game res and i keep getting the same problem as well and tryed playing windowed.
    This is due to an error with the scout armor validation. Follow here:
    Click me!

Edit: You should SAVE it and back up the save, like I did. Windows 7 is popular to do this. I have done it what, seven times already?