Profile of a T2-aholic

I played Tribes 2. For years it was the focus of my life playing under various names. Sure, I'd take care of my life responsibilities: work, bills, family. But after dark when everyone was asleep I'd quietly sneak onto a server for some game play for as long as I could stay awake sometimes heavily caffinating to play longer, the next morning dragging myself into work. I tried to break my T2 habit with other games: other multiplayer fps, RTS's, turn based. Even hardcore single player stuff. It would distract me from T2 for a while. But, in the end I'd always find myself signing on just to check server status, see if friends were online, pop in just to say "Hi". Sometimes literally years would pass between sprees of T2 game play. One of those times I came back a few months just before the master servers went down. It took a while but the old skills became like new again. When the news of the master servers going down finally broke I resigned myself to a life without multiplayer T2. Yeah, occasionally I'd crank up single player T2 and mess around with the bots but it felt like inflating a blowup doll for companionship, completely lame. I knew Tribes Next was in the works but I convinced myself it would never be realized. When I bought my latest new system I made sure I had 2 backup copies of my T2 installer and my fav game scripts. Why? I don't know. I knew I was never going to play it again. And then after a couple of years, now I catch myself on youtube searching for T2 video watching them and remembering the fun times, how awesome this game was and completely sad that I've never found anything like it. EVER! I'm sitting here fighting the fact that I want to play again. That old itch is back. I guess the only cure for it is to......REINSTALL!

Comments

• you are not alone
  • Wall of text
    tl;dr
  • its one of the best online games ever if not the best I dont blame you reinstall and have some fun.
  • You sir, are a true addict.
  • a tribes addict may also, perhaps, exhibit behaviours such as collecting the boxes, cds, cd cases, manuals, extras like ads for video cards and mice from each tribes game, as well as printing out the pre-release webpage that stated server admins would be given a free tribes game by dynamix if they would host a server
  • its one of the best online games ever if not the best
    That's a ten-fershure there!
    a tribes addict may also, perhaps, exhibit behaviours such as collecting the boxes, cds, cd cases, manuals, extras like ads for video cards and mice from each tribes game, as well as printing out the pre-release webpage that stated server admins would be given a free tribes game by dynamix if they would host a server
    Not to mention the gobs of skins/scripts and other related files, etc.
    Too bad Sierra didn't release action figures of the Tribes warriors and vehicles.
  • I feel the exact same way. I used to play obsessively, currently putting the old cd in