mechina, unable to play lan

Ok, I need help. Im a mac, so that complicates things for me.
I use crossover games, so things can be wroked like on a windows platform if any file editing is needed.

So, I downloaded mechina, I remember this mod and I really liked it. Since Im a mac, I cant currently play online cos I havent been able to create an account.

My request for help then is;
Is there a alternate way to create an account to log in, even if not able to play online but still be able to create own servers for bot play.

Anyway I can edit or use commandlines to run mechina in lan? I need filepaths and commands to be able to do this cos Im a nub.

or
Anyone familiar with cider wrappers? Would it help me to run tribes RC2? For example, using tribes on the steam cider wrapper...

Any of these three... haelp.

Comments

• You can run in offline mode by using the -nologin commandline switch.
    However, I don't believe Mechina works with the latest version of Tribes 2 (25034)...
  • However, I don't believe Mechina works with the latest version of Tribes 2 (25034)...

Nor does it work with TribesNext - while the client-side works fine, the server tends to UE. If it does not (I have gotten past that) it fails to load the actual mechs and buildings leaving a blank map.

While the Mechina website is still up - the devs are long gone/ignoring all emails so there is no way to get the source (.cs). Mechina is pretty much packaged as .DSO's compiled on a Windows 98 box and pretty much break on anything else.
  • Oh...
    Well...

Damn.

Anyway, thank you for the help and answers ^^