Playing behind proxy

Hey guys,

I've just returned to playing Tribes after a long break because of technical difficulties and whatnot... but the problem is, I now live in the dorms of the uni I attend, and I can't see the servers. This was to be expected as I can't really play any other games, either... but some of them at least managed to connect.

Is there any way I could bypass the proxy?

Comments

• Without knowing the specifics of your university proxy, and exactly what it's blocking, there is no way to answer that question.

The vast majority of the users that express problems with achieving list server connectivity are usually running host-side software firewalls. You will need to demonstrate that the proxy is the actual source of your difficulties by checking the points in this FAQ entry: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=469.0

Checking the web listing (in the last point) is the most crucial. If you can connect to IRC (link is at the bottom of each forum page), we may be able to assist you better.
  • I'm pretty sure it has to do with the proxy, cause I can connect to the servers without any problems at home - with a router and a firewall and all.
    Here I have the same setup; same type of router and my laptop that I use at home, too.

I tried screwing around with programs like ProxyCap and... there was another one... but to no avail.

Soyeah... guess I'm pricked up the bum.

PS.: Can't connect to IRC, either. Probably the fault of the clients I've tried, but meh.
  • Hi
    Have you contacted the network admin to see if he or she can help?
  • I had thought about doing that, but I figured the admin might not like the idea and might even find out about the router that I have in the room to share the connection with my roomies - which is not necessarily legal on my part.

I guess I could give it a shot... he may actually be a Tribes player! ( ::))
  • Just ask them if they will see if you can play your fav game, don't tell them anything about your net topography. Also, make sure you are not blocking yourself with your own router.
  • Hmm, will try... thanks.

The router is confd. well, no problem there.