Hello! Account Question.

Hellooo
I just discovered tribesnext recently. I created an account fine, but I was wondering if there was anyway someone could retrieve the password from my account back in the day? If this is redundant, I apologize. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• No, you cannot retrieve your account from "back in the day", as the original Tribes 2 master servers have been taken down.
  • The original account database is not available to us (the TribesNext team). The database may still exist somewhere in some form, but the account system was completely re-engineered for this project.

Reintegrating the database wouldn't really be practical at this stage, even if it was given to us.
  • ah I see. well I hoped lol. Thanks anyway.
  • Dynamix wrote Tribes, using a game engine they named "Darkstar.", then Dynamix wrote Tribes2 under the Sierra parent company with a modified version of the Darkstar game engine called Torque. Sierra fired Dynamix after Dynamix released a much-needed patch for Tribes2, and many Dynamix folks started a company called Garage Games to write games and keep the Tribes2 engine going in other games, as well as to further develope the Tribes2 game engine. Sierra sold the Tribes IP to Vivendi Universal Games , who made Tribes Vengeance via various developers unrelated to Garage Games. Garage Games was bought by Lou Castle and is part of Instant Action today. Instant Action bought the Starseige/Tribes/Tribes2/Tribes Vengeance intellectual property from Vivendi Universal Games and has made some efforts to make Tribes (the original version) playable in a browser. They have since stopped this work for the time being for all I know, and a stand alone version of the updated Tribes game was "leaked" and many players use this version over the original stand alone game. What I am getting at with this long winded story is that all the original accounts for Tribes2 may still exist on some hdd or other means of back up at Instant Action. If a piece of intellectual property (such as game engines and master servers and accounts) has the possibility to make a profit you don't just delete it. I have emailed one of the original Dynamix/Garage Games coders I have communicated with in the past to see if they could/would turn on the original Tribes (original version) and Tribes2 master servers and accounts. No response so far after many months. I still suspect they have the master server/account code intact in one form or another.
    Who knows what the future will bring us in respect to Tribes?