bad word filter

did this get broken somewhere along the line with one of the TN patches? ive got it enabled, but i still see choice invectives and all those spiffy four letter words people use instead of punctuation.

not overly bothered by it, but if the option to turn it off worked, id kwrz my pants, plus seeing those bxth idiots get their vxfj rage-ons clipped by some random wnlp collection of letters is pretty typn amusing and i kinda miss it.

Comments

• I believe Dynamix/Garage Games broke it somewhere along the line.
    I'm sure somebody could script (or already has) a more robust replacement.
  • the mute option still works
  • I believe Dynamix/Garage Games broke it somewhere along the line.
    I'm sure somebody could script (or already has) a more robust replacement.
    I think the bad word filter only filtered out browser/IRC stuff. It never filtered out anything that was sent to you in-game.

A long while ago, I made a simple curse filter. As soon as I find it, I'll post it here.
  • I have something like this working for servers in Legends. I was prompted to find a way to make this happen after one too many foul mouthed teeny bopper and one particularly rude voice/chat pack started making the rounds in Legends. I suppose it could be modified for Tribes 2 since Legends is so close under the hood to Tribes 2. Its based on some ideas I found at the GG forum.

Its not perfect. You have to use some common sense because some word/letter combination will cause it to kick in when you don't want it to but basics do work. What is missing is an exception list to counter this issue but my scripting abilities are (cough cough) limited. :)

Even so, it does what I was looking for which was eliminate the ruder in game chat and give me a way of controlling the more obnoxious voice/chat packs. It also does substitution which is good for a few laughs. ;)

Basics of how it works are described here:

http://legendsthegame.net/forums/showpost.php?p=23264&postcount=6