Tribes 2

Well,

First off I'd like to express how awesome I think it is that you all are still playing T2. I have played this game from release and have to admit that I was addicted to it in every way. I cannot recall another game that made me break a sweat like this one did, or another game that I actually had a dream about. I played on different arena, duel, and CTF ladders. Sadly, I think i missed its peak in competition to join the military, during TFarena and Evolution times, and did most of my competition afterward. Whenever I hear people talking about great FPSs I never hesitate to throw Tribes 2 into the conversation because I also agree that its game play was by far one of the best I have experienced. Many might agree that games now a days thrive on vivid visuals and outstanding scenery simply to mask the lacking storyline or sub-par gameplay/mechanics. Tribes 2 seems to still be on my wish list for how i hope future Multiplayer FPSs will be.

If i was able to I would download the new, free, client and play T2 right now. Later tonight will have to suffice though. If I have played with any of you in the past let me know your play times, it would be cool to see if you still got the skills.

-FragFest/Juventus

Here are some names I still remember after so many years..

Walden
Furies
Calendar
Knightro
Bane

Comments

• My wife told me she stumbled upon tribesnext.com and informed me that ppl appear to still be playing. I played for years until vivendi shut it down. Never knew it was still being played. Installing the game again, hoping that it will work on vista (ugh). If not, I guess I'll try my xp machine and pray there is some ctf goin on.....dying to know.
  • I also have a wife that plays Tribes 2.
  • get your asses in here!
  • How did you get your wives to play?
    I would like to get mine to play Tribes....
  • tell her she can hurt you all she wants and not feel guilty
  • That might do it!!! :)