Skin file help?

Hey I'm going to download that The-Construction.net gig file of skins tonight and I have basically no experience in configuring games or anything like that so can anyone tell me how to put those skins into my tribes game? Thanks

(Also I'm running windows seven)

Comments

• Working off limited info you gave ingame:

http://xfer1.the-construct.net/tribes2/textures/skins.zip

^ I think that's what you were talking about. If I'm wrong correct me.

I'm lazy, and not going to DL it to verify: but I did DL a smaller file they had in the same place.
    It appears they simply named their .vl2 files as .zip files. They are essentially the same thing; a nesting of folders that the game treats as actual folders when you start up. Meaning if you put the .vl2 (.zip) in the correct place, then the game thinks you have a bunch of files unpacked in relevant folders. It was designed this way so we skinners, & devs (firedlol) could release new stuff for the community & essentially hold your hand on the install.

#1- put the .zip, put it in C:\Tribes2Next\GameData\base, start tribes. If this doesn't work:
    #2- rename it from skins.zip to skins.vl2 (if you already have a skins.vl2 name it zskins.vl2) if that fails:

#3- crack the zip open. crack your tribes folder open. look at the folders chain in the .zip file. poke around in tribes folders till you find a match. put the zip @ top of the matching folder chain in your tribes folder, repeat #2 with this new location if needed. if all else fails, post here, and pray to which ever gods you prefer that I check back.
  • Yeah thats it, thanks Mallak. I'm downloading now so I'll check in a bit.