Hi,

Hi i'm italian , I've buy Tribes 2 about 10 years ago. I've listen Sierra has faliure and so I can't normally connect to the servers but this is not true.Sincerly, one year ago i've try to connect and I have played one mounth!!After, suddently, I receive an error when I was lunch the game (*) . Now if I load "tribes 2 online" whit the default mode it say me:

(*) Unable to connect to update control server.
Please check your internet connection.

Server list:
tribes 2 west won net :15104
tribes 2 east won net :15104
tribes 2 central won net: 15104

Comments

• If I lunch the game whit the ''Tribes 2 Classi Only- Online" When I log whit my old account:

Fetching authentication server list.

And after the error:

Login failed - Unable to fetch authentication server list. Please try again soon.

The game is original, I have a serial and I have uninstal it about 100 times, so I don't think there are patch installed.

I hope someone answer me. Really thanks for support
  • Hi.

Sierra master server is down since November 2009 (believe me, it is) you need an alternative to play it online.
    The easiest way is the tribesnext-patch which brings an alternative master server with its own authorization system.
    I don't know if it works with the original game files from the CD, just use the installer which can be downloaded right here (http://www.tribesnext.com/downloads). Don't forget to download and install the small patch afterwards, it can also be found in the download area.

After installation and applying the patch you can connect to the tribesnext server with the "Tribes 2 online"-shortcut. Create an account there - and woohoo: You're ready to play. There are about 40 servers on the list, mostly unpopulated or populated with bots. Just have a look.

Good luck,
    fab
  • Thank for answer. I will try this option