I want to install tribes 2 on another computer...how do I copy my local account?

edited January 2009 in Support
I have two main computers, my laptop and my main desktop system that sees random upgrades and parts swapped.

Ive read that your own account info is stored locally on whatever computer you created it on when you installed tribesnext. I have installed it on my laptop, but Id like to be able to install it on my desktop system with the same account. Plus it couldnt hurt to backup the account.

If it seems like elementry english please excuse, Ive had a sever lack of sleep lately...

Comments

• I believe that you can do this easily. It doesn't matter if you want to use it and play it on the laptop or just back it up, you can just go to the gamedata folder and find the two files called: private and public, you can copy those and paste them into USB storage or email it to that laptop. They are both .store files and I wouldn't think anything would happen to them if you transferred them.
  • I logged my account on a friends machine by using the T2 login interface options to import the keydata for my acct to his machine. I don't remember the exact process, but it was pretty straightforward.
  • You could just install Tribes 2 on that other computer and download account credentials from the auth server.
  • Yeah I got it guys, when I tried to download the account credentials before it didnt work, but it worked perfectly this time.

Thanks guys!
  • The public.store and private.store files within Tribes2/GameData contain all of the credential data for the accounts. You can copy those files over to a new installation as well.