Teamwork

People...

I recently was on a server and I saw something that was troubling... People taking bombers and transports without waiting to pick other people up.

This is a team game. More teamwork orientated then perhaps you are used to. A team simply can not win if everyone is out for themselves.

If you want to fly solo, take a 1 person ship. If you want to win, make a bomber or transport, pick up a few people and kick some ass.

Comments

• I don't intend for this to be simply a propagandist advertising post, but for anyone really craving Teamwork, I urge you to check out the Team Aerial Combat (TAC) mod at www.tacmod.com.

It's a mod for Tribes 2. It's very much like base Tribes2, except for one simple caveat: You can't touch the ground! Which means in order to get anywhere (like to the enemy's flag, or a C&H objective) you have to fly there on transports. The other little caveat is you cannot capture a flag solo. If you try and enter the pilot's seat while carrying a flag, the flag is returned. Thus, you must use teamwork to capture a flag as well.

We have other gametypes too such as Team Death Match (4-person vehicles vs other 4-person vehicles; think Havoc Wars but way more organized hehe), Capture and Hold, Retrieval, and Chaser.

We've been playing every Friday night @ 9pm EST since 2002! I'm serious here, we literally havn't had a single Friday night where we havn't had a Fight Night (that's what we call them) in the past 6 years! That's pretty unbelievable for a game like this.

Anyways, I urge you to check the website out. There's a ~100MB download for the client, and then you're good to go. We have one server up right now all the time, but normally no one plays on it except for Fridays. Maybe that will change with the recent surge in popularity of T2, but we're not crossing our fingers. Just know, however, every Friday we'll be there; and hopefully so will you!
  • If I am playing MO and there are no shrikes left I will often take a bomber to get to the enemy base. I'm just making use of the tools at available so as to complete my objective.

In regards to TAC 2, it is a great mod and I would recommend it to anyone to give it a try. It is well balanced and a lot of fun plus the regulars who play it are a really friendly bunch and will make any new players more than welcome.
  • People...

I recently was on a server and I saw something that was troubling... People taking bombers and transports without waiting to pick other people up.

This is a team game. More teamwork orientated then perhaps you are used to. A team simply can not win if everyone is out for themselves.

If you want to fly solo, take a 1 person ship. If you want to win, make a bomber or transport, pick up a few people and kick some ass.

People were doing this eight years ago, this is nothing new. The biggest use of the shrike used to be crashing it into the front door of the enemy base.