Running Server (dedicated) - (RevMod2)

Was just wondering if anyone knows the difference in the set-up for a "dedicated" server now vs. "then" ? I can start an "online" server with NO problem for some reason.

What is the difference between an online and dedicated server ?
Below is a picture of the error that I get. Any help is much appreciated.

screenhunter01jan130035jr5.jpg
w723.png

Comments

• If you host a game and play - then you're just the host.

A dedicated server is a machine which acts as a server only. All it's resources are completely dedicated to giving low pings, processing the data etc.
  • If you are starting a dedicated online server, you may not be able to see it at all, unless you forward port 28000 (or the server's port if you made it non-default) to the server machine's (internal, LAN) address. This is done on Linksys home routers in the applications/gamig tab.

www.portforward.com has useful info for the uninitiated.

If you have port forwarding properly set up, then you may have to run your router in -router - mode, and run 2 LAN segments, one for server(s) and one for clients/everyone else. This is beyond the scope of anything i'd try to explain here, as I type painfully slow. It would also be best served by using ebayed Cisco layer 3 equipment, and setting that stuff upis a bear. Another, less costly solution is to either get a second "router", and hange your client or server router and devices off of the main router, but again, this requires more thought and research.

My bet is that if the T2Next guys can do it, a patch update will be released that addresses the issue.
  • I get the same error and the IPspawn keeps restarting the server. Is there a fix for this?
  • Visit http://www.portfoward.com/, find your router, and forward port 28000.