New Player needs Guidance

My friend introduced me to tribes a few months ago, but I wasn't that interested till I played with him for a couple games. Now I love it! But I find that a lot of the servers are mostly bots. Any servers that are still pretty active with REAL people? If there's anything else I should know, please inform me. I'd like to experiment with the torque engine too, but I'm not sure if there's a way without paying 50 bucks for torsion. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Comments

• Goon Haven is a popular server with real players.

This video might help you learn the ropes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obGSbyhYFeM

I wouldn't waste any money on Torque if I were you. If you are just looking to mod Tribes 2, you don't need to waste money on Torsion. I just use Notepad++. If you actually plan on getting an engine license to develop Torque games, you'll have to spend a lot more than $50, and you probably won't have much to show for it, since it's a pretty low-end engine.

If you are interested in making games, the only place you should look is the Unreal Development Kit, at least until you have the resources to buy a several-hundred-thousand-dollar triple-A engine license.
  • Hey Kryand, make more videos!
  • 2 things:

Tell me how to edit HUD like You have in this video, and are these terrain textures allowed?

If You can, make a video about total newbiesh things, like how connect to the server, how to use weapons, how to change armour, why I'm getting owned, etc, etc.
  • 2 things:

Tell me how to edit HUD like You have in this video, and are these terrain textures allowed?

If You can, make a video about total newbiesh things, like how connect to the server, how to use weapons, how to change armour, why I'm getting owned, etc, etc.

From youTube video:
    What HUD is that?
    Argothman1 8 months ago

@Argothman1 It's one I put together with HudManager and FreeHuds, two scripts that can be found on chaingunned org SlingScripts. The keyboard is something I made myself just for the video.
    Kryand 8 months ago
  • edited March 2011
    I've downloaded freehuds.vl2, and have another questions:

How to make bars extending from right to left (reverse), and how to change size of bars (just bars, not bitmaps). I can change it's opacity and colour, but still can't change its size or direction of extend. Extending from center to borders, or vertical or even 'growing square' would be a total sci-fi magic I guess.

How to edit hud manager *.layout files from notepad? Now I've edited it a bit, and layout file doesn't work - hud is screwed up.