can't create an account

I get past the first two parts of making the account but in the 3rd step when i pick username and password and click submit it say "server detected problem with your request and could not create the account". should i maybe reinstall or do some ports need to be opened on the firewall?

Comments

• This happens in semi-rare cases when key generation fails. This can happen for two reasons. Either you got really unlucky with key generation, or the patch wasn't installed properly.

If you close the game and go through the account creation process again, it should work just fine. Otherwise, reinstall the patch.
  • I have the very same issue here.
    I installed tribes2_gsi.exe and applied tribes2_gsi.exe on top of it.
    Try to create an account.
    I can create an RSA-512 (it takes about half minute) and in next step I type in an account name and password click Finishe and got the following error message:
    "The server detected an error in your request and could not create an account."
    I have no idea why.
    Reinstalled the patch only. Restarted windows. Reinstalled everything still the same.
    Tried too many times :(

Help me please. Is there any log files? Can I debug what the exact issue is?!
  • Duh. TribesNext_rc2a.exe fixed my problem.
    I downloaded the old patch from GameStand....
  • I altered the account creation protocol to address those semi-rare key generation failures. You need RC2 or newer to create accounts now.