Windows 7 Graphics Issue

Just wanted to mention that in Windows 7 there are horizontal, flickering, scrolling lines in the center part of the menu and fullscreen in game. I was using Vista before this with no issue, not sure what the change is in 7.

Only other game i have played on Windows 7 so far is L4D, no issues there at all. 3Dmark06 is also fine.

I noticed the issue in happens in both openGL and D3D. Running Nvidia 8800GTS512 with driver version 181.20.

Comments

• It could just be a remaining graphical bug in 7 that should, in theory, be hammered out by RTM.
  • I was going to post about it until I found this. I got a TON of games to work, like Fallout 1/2, Max Payne 1/2, Neverwinter Nights etc. This game I cannot get rid of the horrible horrible lines going up and down. :( Too bad Windows 7 is the only OS I have now since my HD got wiped and I didnt feel like putting Vista back on. Just to see if it is a related hardware issue:

e7200 @ 3.8ghz
    750i ftw mobo
    4gb ram @ 900 mhz
    GTX260
  • Ive got W7 Running and im not experiencing any graphical problems. Driver issue maybe?
  • I got Windows 7 and I haven't get this problem. Try to update your drivers. if you have i dunno what to say :-\
  • I am sing 181.22 drivers, the latest. They don't even have beta drivers. What drivers you guys using? Im trying to go back to 180.48 drivers to see if it is a driver issue.
  • well do you have the latest .Net Framework and Direct X?
  • Ok guys, figured it out. When I first downloaded W7 last month I remember that when I got the Vista 64 drivers ( directly from Nvidia ) the background pic in the installer said Windows 7. I am 100% sure on this. All my games worked fine. They seemed to have removed this now and as per Nvidia's reccomendation they tell you just to do a Windows update and use the drivers from Microsoft which are Nvidia 179 drivers. Games work ok now. I am going to try out the 185 ( beta ) drivers later and see if they work, but hey I can play Tribes 2 ( and Neverwinter Nights woot! ) now without a problem!