No recordings folder

Hello everyone!

Been running TribesNEXT for a while and I love it! Just had an issue now though that I can't get around. I've recorded some demos, and some turned out really good, so I want to send them to my brother. I can view them in Tribes2 and everythings, that's fine, but I don't have a C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\base\recordings folder. The "base" folder contains "gui", "lighting", "music", "prefs", "scripts" and "textures", but no "recordings".

I created a recordings folder, and that worked out great. I also searched the entire computer for .rec-files, but it turned out nothing.

Has anyone run into this problem? I can play them in the program, so they have to be somewhere, but my computer refuses to show them to me or find them.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Best regards,
dimhoLt

Comments

• Should be in either:
    Dynamix > Tribes2 > GameData > base > recordings or
    Dynamix > Tribes2 > GameData > Classic > recordings
  • Thanks for your reply!

I don't have any recording folder =( I downloaded a couple of recordings and placed in:
    Dynamix > Tribes2 > GameData > base > recordings (which I created manually)

It showed up next to my other recordings when I launched the program > Launch > Recordings.

Still no sign of the ones I made myself though...
  • Hmmm...I think you need to make a recording first for the recording thingy to work properly.
  • What do you mean? I did recordings in Tribes, and they show up in the list so I can look at them, rename them, everything. I just can't find the files on my harddrive...
  • Hmmm...if you made a recording first (before you manually created a recording file) a properly located recording folder should have been created in the ~base folder or in the ~Classic folder (whichever mod you made the recording in). I'm thinking now that your problem may be caused by a Tools > Folder Options > View setting in your OS. Perhaps you should double check those settings and make sure you can see all the folders on your machine.
  • Yeah, that's the strange part. I'm displaying all files. And if the folder already existed; i should not have been able to create the folder. I'll make sure I didn't miss anything as soon as I get back home (currently @work) just in case, but I've already checked that. Shouldn't be a problem.