what is going on?

hey guys. i have been playing the tribes franchise since i was about 7 years old. thats about when t1 came out. my dad was really into the game and it was a time of bonding when i would hop on and play with him. we played tribes 2 almost everyday and when tribes vengeance came out, we still played tribes 2 for a little while. my dad is now gone and the last time i threw my old t2 disc into my computer and tried to play, it would not let me. i have read some of the posts here and it sounds like t2 is still up and running. i was just wondering how many people are playing? i am downloading it right now through my craptastic college internet. i also looked up the new tribes game and it looks like a huge dissappointment waiting to happen. i still tell people that tribes 2 was the best fps game that has ever been made. is it realistic to hope to play this game again or is the playerbase so small now that there is no point. anyway, please get back to me, i am excited to hear what everyone has to say.

Comments

• alright. so i have downloaded the game. and am online. looks like a lot of people are playing with bots which is really too bad. it also looks like i need to get ahold of some mods to play the game i remember. i never really got into the "classic" mode. i remember being able to create your own load out and stuff... ugh... its been so long. i will have to do more research. lol
  • Unfortunately, goon haven (classic) is about the only server with more than a few human players. There are other mods that get players such as arena and seige, but goon haven is the most populated server at this time.
  • thats really too bad. i remember playing blastside or broadside and being able to put a crap ton of turrets down with a bunch of forcefields, little bases so high in the air no one could see them, so much energy, you only ran out if you went so high you couldnt see the ground, and the weapons! oh the weapons. a gun that held a nuke you could only launch every like 20 minutes or something... those were the good ol' days. do you know what mod i could be thinking of? at the time my dad set it up but since he passed, i have no way of asking him. i might be able to set up a game since i go to a pretty techy college and all. anyway... if you know what the mod is, please get back at me. and thanks for your quick reply thus far :)
  • Hmm. Sounds more like meltdown than any version of ultra. Shifter may have some of that too.
  • new tribes ascend is bad