Should we advertise?

As I sit here waiting for my tribes2gsi.exe to download I went and searched wikipedia and read up on Tribes 2 and found no mention of tribesnext. I also went to the electronic sports page and also found no mention of tribes anything. Is this by design? If not how would one go about rebuilding a community/base?

Comments

• Another post about it: Good places to advertise the new tribes2?

My two cents:
    With T2 being so old and the graphics are not so 'up to date' I think it will be hard to get newcomers into this game. Unless there is something we can advertise that will make the game mechanics outshine the graphics... I don't expect a lot of people to try this game. I believe if we do anything, we should target veterans.

But, more power to ya if you can come up with a successful ad campaign. ;D
  • I made thread about this back in 2009... I have advertised but people don't seem to care about "old sci-fi game with crappy graphics" :/
  • http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php/topic,1427.msg14843.html#msg14843

Lol here's the topic, Not exactly the same but it's about advertising :P
  • Before the next tournament begins if 20 or 30 people all chipped in some time and posted threads about the game with video links all over the place I bet it would bring some new people in.

People play free browser games and flash games. Why not Tribes 2?

It is all about marketing in my opinion.
  • T2 is a bit more involved than jango. But yes t2/tn could still use some publicity.
  • good idea!