Where is everybody?

Morning, noon, night, the only server I see remotely filled is Goon Haven, with the occasional Branzone (if it isn't locked). Where did everyone go? I saw a number of servers filled relatively well startin up.

Oh, and the massive amount of overpopulated bot servers don't count.

Comments

• I just played like 4 straight hours of arena with varying amounts of people. Depends on the server you want.
  • Morning, noon, night, the only server I see remotely filled is Goon Haven, with the occasional Branzone (if it isn't locked). Where did everyone go? I saw a number of servers filled relatively well startin up.

Oh, and the massive amount of overpopulated bot servers don't count.

I agree man, for almost 10k registered to tribesnext, you'd think would be more human players and less bot crapola. If goon haven and branzone are the only populated servers, then maybe we should try to get more classic servers going. That seems to be what's drawing the crowd.
  • At a quick glance, all I see is Classic servers...

Is there a way for us to determine the "peak hours" of activity? I think part of it is some of us are at school or college or have a job and aren't around all day, naturally. To find the average hours of most activity would maybe be a good starting point.

The cynic in me is saying that the Goons are scaring everyone away...
  • Most people are active on the weekends, especially Friday nights.
  • Not to mention that a lot of people have school.
  • Actually, I could have posted my two cents in this thread instead of creating a new one. Anyway, I blame the very same Goon Haven for the whole situation as it dries up the player community. Well, they were the reason why I stopped again at least. Give me a decent amount of players on the UK Tribesnext server and I'm ready to rip off your asses.
  • Why the hate? I have the ability to supply a 64 man on an actual server with a 20mb pipe. If I could start a UK friendly server I would. I had a Goon Haven 32 man and barely anyone joined. I'll happily put it back up, but people apparently want the big battles so I let them have it. I don't care if it's my server, I just want people to have fun.
  • I think the problem is, everyone is looking for populated servers, rather than joining. So if you're looking for a server with people, and leave when you don't see one, then how will these servers ever get populated. Join a server... sit idle for a bit... let people see you on there waiting. Eventually, someone will probably join and it will build from there. At least trying waiting for a bit before giving up
  • Actually, I could have posted my two cents in this thread instead of creating a new one. Anyway, I blame the very same Goon Haven for the whole situation as it dries up the player community. Well, they were the reason why I stopped again at least. Give me a decent amount of players on the UK Tribesnext server and I'm ready to rip off your asses.

Nobody ever plays on it ::)

I don't have time to support and run it, if anybody feels like doing this I'll happily switch it over from my old laptop to my main machine and pass the admin password round to a few responsible people. 50mb cable has just been brought out in my area (it was tested in Wigan) so I may be looking to invest in this, also.

The laptop can get a little laggy :(

and no.... I will never resort to having bots playing :'(
  • It's too bad we can't warn the people who have their server's set to show more players in them than there actually are. That, and servers with bots that don't count as bots on the server list.
  • edited January 2009
    I think the problem is, everyone is looking for populated servers, rather than joining. So if you're looking for a server with people, and leave when you don't see one, then how will these servers ever get populated. Join a server... sit idle for a bit... let people see you on there waiting. Eventually, someone will probably join and it will build from there. At least trying waiting for a bit before giving up

Are you the Notman that has helped so many on the sierra vugames community forums? If so you deserve a medal! ;)
    At a quick glance, all I see is Classic servers...

Is there a way for us to determine the "peak hours" of activity? I think part of it is some of us are at school or college or have a job and aren't around all day, naturally. To find the average hours of most activity would maybe be a good starting point.

ROFL, it's not the Goons. According to another thread the head guy doesn't have enough trusted admins to police the server.

But also the problem is that you don't see all the servers due to the master server list showing "some", but not all servers.

Known Servers running in NOLOGIN Mode:
    The Dawg Pound (Base): 69.12.92.182:28000

Gigsworld (Version2): 69.12.92.18:28000

=Rebels= Katabatic(Version2): 72.249.94.50:28000

-=}EWO{=- Texas Server: 208.101.53.90:27006 (IP may have changed)!

Wildstar Systems Classic(Classic): 208.101.7.66:28000

Wildstar Systems: 208.101.7.66:28001

Rebels Kata (V2) usually has a nice size gathering
    EWO (variant) has some people on it as well
  • Are you the Notman that has helped so many on the sierra vugames community forums? If so you deserve a medal! ;)

Sure am... thanks for the compliment :)
  • I think the problem is, everyone is looking for populated servers, rather than joining. So if you're looking for a server with people, and leave when you don't see one, then how will these servers ever get populated. Join a server... sit idle for a bit... let people see you on there waiting. Eventually, someone will probably join and it will build from there. At least trying waiting for a bit before giving up

Are you the Notman that has helped so many on the sierra vugames community forums? If so you deserve a medal! ;)
    At a quick glance, all I see is Classic servers...

ROFL, it's not the Goons. According to another thread the head guy doesn't have enough trusted admins to police the server.

But also the problem is that you don't see all the servers due to the master server list showing "some", but not all servers.

Known Servers running in NOLOGIN Mode:
    The Dawg Pound (Base): 69.12.92.182:28000

Gigsworld (Version2): 69.12.92.18:28000

=Rebels= Katabatic(Version2): 72.249.94.50:28000

-=}EWO{=- Texas Server: 208.101.53.90:27006 (IP may have changed)!

Wildstar Systems Classic(Classic): 208.101.7.66:28000

Wildstar Systems: 208.101.7.66:28001

Rebels Kata (V2) usually has a nice size gathering
    EWO (variant) has some people on it as well

Do these not show up because they aren't using Tribesnext?
  • No they're running in nologin mode
    From what I gather, they're basically hosting from the LAN mode, but you can connect to them via IP.
  • Why don't they just switch to Tribesnext, they're only denying themselves good player slots being filled by doing that.