GOONS server

I used to see the GOONS server, the one i specifically remember was SA GOONS, but now i can't see ANY GOONS server. My friend is telling me he can see the GOONS Haven server, but i can't, and when i try to join via IP (hit insert when at the server list) i don't get anything....

Anyone else have a problem of a few servers not showing up?

Comments

• I used to see the GOONS server, the one i specifically remember was SA GOONS, but now i can't see ANY GOONS server. My friend is telling me he can see the GOONS Haven server, but i can't, and when i try to join via IP (hit insert when at the server list) i don't get anything....

Anyone else have a problem of a few servers not showing up?
    The GOONS server could've been down for maintenance when you tried. It could've been laggy so you could not see it. If you couldn't join by IP, then, it's probably the first problem.
  • Well that would make sense, if my friend wasn't in the server along with like 40 something other people... It was definitely up, and i don't lag much at all (most is like 100 ping)
    Is GOONs server under the old school Server list (the vl2 you had to download once the master servers went down) or is it under the tribesnext system??
  • after a second guess, i figured it out.. Peerguardian 2 is blocking the IP for some reason... who knows why....
  • win! And lose because its the goon server, unless they are playing siege :)
  • if peerguardian is blocking it, chances are it is hosted by either a torrent-un friendly ISP/carrier, or is on a gov't /**AA network, or Known BSA network, usually.
  • *sigh* I run a pretty fair server. Hopefully someday "Haha it's the Goon server it must suck" will end. I'll just keep being respectful to the community until it returns the same thing to me. Sorry some Goon in some other game pee'd in your cheerios, Phoenix, it wasn't me.

on topic:

The server rarely goes down for maintenance (it's on actual server hardware in a colo), so when it does, I'm probably working on the actual host ESXi box.
  • I love the goons server here lately, even when it is packed.
    Esp when Im getting TK'ed on other servers by a gang of 2 guys. Yeah last night on "diggs fast V2" There was 2 guys that TKed everybody and when I switched teams they switched. Was annoying as hell because I was trying to practice on the map.

Thats ok, I hardly gave them the pleasure and just "Ctrl-K" everytime they got close.

"Aww, THATS too Bad!"