General menu is covered in Black

I searched 5 pages back and no thread had a subject that reflected my problem, sorry if it was covered before, but I didn't see it.

After installing the game, and patch I have run into a problem. The menu screen is black except for the small portion of space where my mouse cursor occupies. This is very bad since I am not familiar with the menu system at all. I am including pictures so you can see (read: can't see shit captain) what I am talking about.

tribes2bug1rj8.png

tribes2bug2lj6.png

This is just the login screen. After trial and error I was able to make an account, but I haven't even tried to play a game because I have no clue where the menu is. The Account and Password lines aren't even that visible if it weren't for the fact I was flailing my mouse around and pressing print screen.

Any suggestions? I have a duel core machine and tried to limit the game to one core, but that doesn't work. The opening video for Sierra looks fine, but once it turns into the menu it starts this black screen crap.

I have DX9 installed because I am running on XP, so I must have it. My video drivers (Radeon x1300) are up to date, but i doubt a game from a few years ago would have a problem with up to date drivers. Unless the current driver are screwing it over? I don't know, I am just guessing. Anyone run into this before, or is it a normal thing that goes away?

Comments

• Hi
    In your video driver control panel, set antialiasing to off or disabled. T2 has issues with certain cards' antialiasing routines, and ati are the worst of all in this respect. There is a workaround for those who must have antialiasing on their ati card, but it involves performance tradeoffs, and a script that I am no longer sure where to find. Hope this helps!
  • Your advice is 100% correct. Thanks a ton. Luckily my card has a setting to let the application decide anti-aliasing, so I shouldn't have to fiddle with it anymore. I just started up Tribes 2 and was greeted with a wonderful unobscured login screen. Again, thanks.
  • You're most welcome.
  • My screen will flicker black whenever I first startup/alt-tab. But I just run my mouse over all of the screen and it fixes it.