Classic Bots v1.3.69
Latest version: 1.3.69 - May 18, 2020
Note from May 18, 2020
The next version will feature a lot of new bot supported maps as well as other bot improvements. Please also check out MetaDrax's advanced bot supported maps for Base. His maps are not compatible with ClassicBots, but they play very well in Base (default tribes 2 gamemode), and they are vehicle-centered.
The file is attached to this post and always updated when a new version appears. I have also included Lagg's original v5 scripts from which this mod started as well as two of his unmodified siege maps, in case you do not want to use my modifications or you're simply curious about the old code. Though I must warn you, they will have bugs and you must fix them yourself.
This bot pack was mainly designed for playing CTF and Siege with bots on Classic 1.5.2, and most modifications were made for CTF. However, this mod includes LAK Bots, and supports Hunters, Team Hunters, Capture and Hold, and Deathmatch. The Version 5 bots in this pack are mainly scripted by Lagg-Alot. Lagg started making these awesome advanced bots for Tribes 2 by modifying almost all the default bot functions. Changes on Lagg's script files after 2009 are made by Roboto, and a lot of the original Classic mod scripts were modified too. This bot mod includes an awesome, but completely optional feature to enable RPG elements.
- Updating: If you're updating your Classic Bots mod, first delete your ENTIRE "ClassicBots" folder, including your preferences files, then copy and use the new "ClassicBots" folder that you downloaded instead.
- Required files: Before installing ClassicBots, please make sure that you have the following map packs installed: DynamixFinalPack, S5maps, S8maps, TWL-MapPack, TWL2-MapPack. These are required. To install maps, put the .vl2 files in your "GameData\base" folder.
- Hosting an online server: If you wanna host an online server, please read the file "Server_And_Bot_Preferences.txt" from the folder "ClassicBots_Readme".
Download link for these map packs (you need to unzip this file):
Download link for the DynamixFinalMapPack:
Now, moving on to the install instructions:
- Put everything from the "Tribes2InstallFolder" to your Tribes 2 install folder and OVERWRITE stuff when asked. For example, the 'GameData' folder from here should overwrite the 'GameData' folder that you have.
- PLAY by using the 'ClassicBots_Offline/Online' .bat file! That's it.
If you wanna hear bots use random sounds from the game or text chat randomly, or use sounds from the Osiris voice pack, do this:
- Copy the audio folder from zVOICEPACK-T2-ALL-IN-ONE.zip to your base\audio folder.
- Allow bots to use these sounds by setting $Host::BotsChatRandomSounds to 1 in the file serverPrefs.cs from GameData\ClassicBots\prefs.
- Also allow bots to randomly text chat by setting $Host::BotsChatTextVoice to 1.
- Warning: The chat contains adult language.
Download link for Osiris voicepack:
- Bots change numbers depending on the map, this is active by default.
- I recommend always using odd numbers for the bot numbers, like 7, 15, 29, etc. This is not necessary, but it will make the bot balancing feature better.
- Don't play with more than 32 bots on Siege, the game will crash when switching sides.
- Whether you want to play online or offline, you can drastically improve your game performance by hosting a dedicated server and then joining it from the same PC, but from a different Tribes 2 folder.
- Don't install custom mods/scripts that may interfere with this mod or else the mod won't work as intended.
If you want to know how to change the bot difficulty or server preferences, or how to activate RPG Mode, or how to make bots use voicepacks or randomly chat, or disable/change the bot numbers per map, or see the list of bugs, features, credits, or how to bot support your own maps then open the folder called 'ClassicBots_Readme'.
Additional reading (not required, but useful):
- Customizing your server/bot preferences
- About Lagg's bots
- About Roboto's modifications
- About RPG Mode
- List of maps in this mod
- Credits and bugs
Thanks again, Lagg, for your hard work on the bots throughout the years and for giving me your bot scripts. Without them, and the Classic mod developers, this Classic modification would not exist.