How many downloads?

can we get some auth server stats if possible? Like how many downloads for tribes next, how many accounts created, and how many unique accounts? Might be interesting.

Comments

• Last time I heard, the number of accounts is around 9000.
  • Bump. I am interested in this as well.
  • Last time I heard, the number of accounts is around 9000.
    9000? really? that many already?
    I guess it might make sense since obviously most people won't post to the forums and they won't *all* be on at once. Still though, that would be very impressive at this point for such an old game being revived.
  • edited April 2010
    very well!!!!Porsche AC Compressors - Discount AC Parts offers high quality, discount Porsche AC Compressor for all Porsche Makes and Models.Find best prices for Mercedes Benz 280C Parts by browsing our complete catalog of discount Mercedes auto parts.
  • It was somewhere around 10500 when I last looked at the count. It's clearly decelerating now.

I've generated a few graphs that can be found in this thread: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=96.0

The newest graph (2 weeks old) is for about the first two weeks of operation. I'll generate another one on Feb 2nd for the first month of operation.
  • Are you gauging the release date of the next patch by the amount of registered accounts? Or is it strictly a "when its done" affair.
  • Damn, wish they would play more often. I wonder how many of them played just a few times before quitting.
  • Damn, wish they would play more often. I wonder how many of them played just a few times before quitting.
    Probably many more than we realize, or want.

Now if you could magically connect the login with these forums, such that making a Tribes account gives you an account (with same credentials) here, maybe that would encourage some of these newcomers to jump into the forums and help us make stuff better? Course, not sure you'd be able to work that into the forums right. Interesting fantasy idea, though.

I would guess that the current server setup doesn't have a way to measure peak times of activity or such? Yet? Maybe these over 9000 accounts are mostly playing, just not when everyone else is.

[off topic] I keep reading "how many downloads" in the thread list and expecting "does it take to change a light bulb" after it....

[also off topic] Now I read the thread title and expect "How many downloads does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?", to which the answer would be one, two, three, mortar spam, three.

...or tried during the first few days when there were auth server troubles. How many tried once, gave up, then forgot?
  • I have nephews who often have watched me play t1 and t2 and when they see the invo structure of the game, how involved setting up d and so on is, then they want to go play halo or doody4, not Tribes. Or even fire up cs1.6. Guess they'd like arena or lt, but I tell them those aren't really tribes. I blame it on the short attention spans and rap music.
  • Guess they'd like arena or lt, but I tell them those aren't really tribes.

wat