Server down?

I just installed the tribestnext patch and it would seem I am having connectivity issues; OR the server is currently down. I have done all the quick fixes the board suggests and still no progress. Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi, Obi-do, Obi-do, Obi-do-bidobi.

Comments

• Still having the same issue, so I'm guessing server downtime isn't the problem. I'm going to need some help, seeing as how I'm at a loss here. If not, I think I will quit t2.
  • A fresh re-install may fix your problems, also make sure there are no firewalls blocking the server.
  • This problem is usually caused by a firewall or antivirus program running HTTP-checking on the program. Either add it to the exceptions or disable it and you shouldn't have a problem.
  • No firewalls. NOD32 AV off. Install was fine on LAN patch so T2 is A OK. Will try a fresh install just to be 100% sure. May it be an issue if I'm on WI-FI internet? You know... portable?
  • I've noticed that trying to connect over Wifi is sort of hit or miss when it comes to successfully pinging and joining servers, and it's over a >70% signal strength network.

It might just be your connection; try different connections or patch in directly with ethernet if possible.
  • Well... I DO get an error when i start tribes. I figured it had nothing to do with it because it worked perfectly after just pressing "continue" a couple of times. Reinstalles have not fixed this error. It reads: "Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b4bf9c + 75b4bf9c 75b4bf9c"

So far:
    No antivirus
    No Firewalls
    Reinstalled T2 from fresh bittorrent files each time.
  • I got no AV, no firewall, I reinstalled 3 times. I even DMZed though my router for my computer for 30 seconds to see if it would work. No. I get no error's when I start it, I only get a LUA agreement, then the login screen. Then I cant get past step 1 on account creation.
  • The login process fails for me at step one as well. I have no firewall installed, and Windows Firewall is off. I even tried turning my antivirus off and setting my affinity to only a single core. I'm running a Core 2 Quad Q9300 and an Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 512mb. I downloaded both the game and the tribes next patch from this site and installed them. All other online applications work fine.
  • Weird that there isn't any more feedback on or help to get for this. Seems to me a valid problem and people will quit for this, no doubt...
  • For everybody else, please try the quick-fixes here.

Etheralking, I might suggest you join IRC to poke about diagnosing your troubles...
  • The master server seems down to me.

I can logon and view my favorites. But I can not download a new server list :/

Any ideas?
  • Hi
    Im an old player of Tribes 2. Just downloaded the game and your patch.
    I cant get past the frist step in creation of the account.
    I get the connection failed to the server error :(

Hope it comes up soon...
  • I have the same or similar problem.

-no firewall
    -no antivirus
    -have read all the faq posts
    -redownloaded twice, reinstalled more than that

Would a dynamic IP be a problem? I have a wireless connection and am going through a router.