Tribes 2 Required Ports

Does anyone know which ports Tribes 2 requires to be open(UDP/TCP), and how do I check if they are open? Note: I don't have access to the router.

Comments

• If you are running a server, 28000 on UDP is required inbound, unless you change the bound port.

If you aren't running a server, you don't need to open any inbound ports.
  • edited January 2009
    Are any ports required for authentication? I'm getting the following error: 'Credential Download Failed. Please check username/password'

EDIT: I tried to create a new account and it said the authentication server was disconnected or unreachable. I think I have a port closed.
  • Check the list of common issues and fixes. Most often this is an antivirus program running HTTP filtering.
  • I looked at the common issues and fixes, and my firewall is off, and I turned off the antivirus and still nothing. It's as if the server doesn't exist.
  • edited January 2009
    I have opened up port 28000 and I'm still having the same problem as Tarage is...

I have tried running netstat while it is trying to connect, and it yesterday it came up saying either SYN_SENT or CLOSE_WAIT, I'm not really sure which one. My friend says syn_sent means that no acknowledgment bit was returned, meaning no connection was made and that close_wait meant that it was kinda connecting, but not really, which yeah I know is pretty vague.

On a side note, I still can't connect to any IRC. When trying to connect to something as large as efnet, netstat tells me SYN_SENT, which leads me to assume that SYN_SENT was the true error I was getting for Tribes. Logic tells me that there is something blocking the server from connecting back to my computer, which the computer interprets as no data is being sent by the server because no data is being retrieved, which at this point I'm pretty sure is not true. Any suggestions?
  • Sounds like a firewall. Did you ever have ZoneAlarm installed by chance?
  • edited January 2009
    Like I have said before in other threads, I turn off all firewalls and anti-virus programs when I try to connect to these servers. My windows firewall is always off, but I use comodo which is off and spybot, which is off. I have looked everywhere and cannot find a solution. Right now I am trying to figure out if there is something blocking the signal from returning back to my computer.

--- Merge Line ---

Alright, sorry for the double posts but I'm going to try to keep up with my findings. When trying to telnet the tribes server (which just sits and sits without any response) I ran netstat and found that the server connection was ESTABLISHED. I know for sure that it was the right server because I specified port 8060, which it showed next to the server. If the connection is established, I assume that to mean that my computer sent information saying something along the lines of checking to see if the server was there. The server sent back a piece of info saying that it was in fact there, so the computer connected to it, thus ESTABLISHing a connection. Why then does my telnet just sit, saying its connecting to the server, but obviously to no avail? Holy crap I am confused...

--- Merge Line ---

Holy crap! Problem solved, and you wont believe this - I tried turning on my firewall and running just to see what the firewall would do, and it did everything I expected, and I allowed it and the server actually connected! Wow! So if you had a firewall try turning it on and allow it! Yay I'm happy now.