Unhandled Exception Location 005f07e2

I searched around the forums and didn't see a fix for this, not sure if anyone else is getting this type of UE. Whenever I minimize Tribes 2 and maximize it again the game will crash and give the error Unhandled Exception c000000005 at Location:005f07e2. I've only ever had it happen once while in game and playing, but it always crashes if I minimize.

I tried a few things, like running in Windows 2003 Server compatibility, but it doesn't change anything, nor does running in D3D (Just makes the game play like crap).

Additional Information: Windows Vista Home 32 bit
Nvidia 8600M GT 256m
Core 2 Duo

Comments

• Yeah, if you minimize TribesNext in Windows Vista, you'll crash.
  • Nothing much can be done sorry, Happens on a lot of computers and operating system combinations. And randomly at that.
  • Too bad the windowed mode sucks... if I could play it at 1680x1050 it probably wouldn't crash...
    Well, I guess I just have to live with that :P

I never saw anyone else complaining about it so I figured it was just me, guess not haha.
  • If the focus is stolen from Tribes on Vista/Server 08 boxen (by popup or minimizing or alt-tab), it has a very, very high tendency to UE on return. I haven't yet found any method to bring Tribes back up that doesn't result in a UE of some kind.

Now is this something that's at all possible to fix? Or avoid?
  • I haven't bothered to try yet, but I'd imagine using windowed mode would fix it, but it doesn't give the higher resolutions as an option for windowed mode, so if you run at a higher resolution you will be able to click outside of the window and that would make the game impossible to play. If your desktop resolution is 1024x768 you could try windowed mode like that and see how it goes, but aside from that I have no clue.