Bringing back Survival Mod

Old mod made in a weekend back in the glory days of T2 while taking a break from developing the dodgeball mod.

The objective of the game is to get from the spawn point to the Goal before everybody else. The problem is, the turrets between here and there don't like you.

Good luck and get ready to die often.

This is a server side mod (Gametype), clients do not need to download

Best played on top of V2 or Classic. Regular physics are too slow!

Cheers,
DarkniteFOX

Comments

• i gave it a try. If the map wasn't too easy or too ridiculously hard, it UE'd out. I imagine it's more fun with other people, though.
  • Which levels in particular were too easy or too hard? I know TheWall is a bit too easy, but it's just a funny level.

I was thinking about making some changes to make it more playable. As it was I had only spent a weekend making the game.
  • edited February 2009
    It is a weekend mod, and it shows - but it's still workable and a pretty interesting idea with great potential to be something pretty damn cool. the wall was definitely too easy, but funny also. storm base was outrageously hard, (sniper turrets? really?) or even impossible playing alone. I didn't put much time into vertical limit, and the other two caused me to UE. I was expecting something more like specific ski routes, like a tundra or canyon, (possibly downhill,) that would be used to move quickly through open/wooded areas dodging plasma/mortar turret shots placed alongside the route, with ramps and the like. Something a little more similar to race mod, except on foot and more dangerous. If you could create a map like this and make it work, i would be impressed. I think it'd be much more fun as something casual than something almost competitive, like storm base seems to be.

Edit: The thing I liked most about the wall was that it had a ton of great ski routes that would lend incredible speed. If you could integrate ski routes that powerful with something more similar to a race course - more difficult with the turrets, while not completely impossible - I think you'd have yourself a nice piece of work. Obviously, that's something that would be difficult to pull of, but worth it.
  • Ski routes were something I never actually figured in. When my friends and I were playtesting over the weekend we spent countless hours doing stupid things to get past the turrets like placing motion sensors on the back walls of Storm Base to sneak up to the top, where there is a hidden sensor jammer pack.

I might try throwing together a map that incorporates good ski routes.

Also if you haven't tried it and have time, give Vertical Limit a shot. It's my personal favorite because the challenge is keeping your jets cool enough not to set off the heat sensor turrets while climbing to the top of the platforms.

Thanks for the constructive criticism, it is quite welcome!