Help Again!!!

When I Start Up Tribes Next And Log In, There Is No Servers, And It Says No Servers Found, I Had It Working Earlier, For 40 minutes, or less, and then i got an unhandled and my connection was lost when it went back to start menu, restarted comp, tried again, and still didnt work, what can i do?

Comments

• Have you checked your connection settings?
    Have you checked for an anti-virus program that may be filtering HTTP?
    Have you checked for a software firewall or a hardware firewall between you and the internet?
    Have you checked http://tribesnext.com/list to verify the master server list is operational?
  • No, But How Can I Do The Last Three Things?
  • Answer shouldn't have been no. Should have been "no, but I will now"...

If you're running any anti-virus programs, check them to see if they're monitoring HTTP traffic (can someone here get us a list of the AVs known to do this?), or disable them altogether while running Tribes.

Windows Firewall may have kicked in and is refusing Tribes access, or you may be running another software firewall (ZoneAlarm comes to mind) that does not have Tribes on an exception list. Check to see if Tribes can be added to an exception list and allowed through the firewall, or disable the software altogether.
    A hardware firewall generally exists at the router, but all the varied networks I use Tribes on don't have such firewalls that block it. If you're on a LAN under your control, there probably isn't a hardware firewall blocking access. If you're on a public network, it is a possibility.

The URL http://tribesnext.com/list is the master server list sent to the client when you request servers. The master server sends that list of IPs, which the client then pings for information. If you can't access that URL, it means something's up at the master server, which is likely a temporary problem. If you can successfully get the master list, it means most likely you're pinging out on all the servers, which is a connection issue with probably not much resolution.
  • i have avg, il disable it, and windows security has tribes 2 online exe on exception list, so ill try again
  • the disabling didnt help...
  • delete all dso files after every crash
  • edited February 2009
    Simply "disabling" AVG does not help, you'll need to either find and disable the "Link Scanner" feature, or reinstall without that particular feature checked.
  • Disabled link scanner. Didn't help.
  • Someone on IRC achieved success by disabling the link scanner and web shield components of AVG.
  • umm, ill try what thyth said

i hope it works, and also, i think i got another virus a bit before somehow, i got something of shared files of another comp in our network, ended up getting virus
    so it could be the virus screwing up the main server files
  • how do i disable the web sheild component?