Aeon RPG.

Over the last few days in my spare time i've been editing t2rpg, slowly "backwards engineering it". What i wanted to create in the future is is a old tribes 1 mod called Aeon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_2mXta9qzg

The original t1 mod didn't require client files. (not even a map), The t2 one will require GUI and a terrain.

What i've done so far:
-Set up armors.
-Made a terrain.
-Removed useless code (e.g spells)
- Working on weapons.
Updates-
14/2/09
-Working on class system, Worker, Theif, Protecter.(If you have any more idea, please say).
Worker works(duh), theif steals from worker, protector protects worker and gets paid by worker. Might come up with others. Going to concentrate more on the gameplay other then the levels, classes etc.

15/2/09
Testing out weapons, Ammo and weapon can be seen in the invo but can't be fired.
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s27/Oni_Link1000/screen1-5.png

19/2/09
Classes done.
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s27/Oni_Link1000/Classed.jpg

At the moment i'm going to re-write the entire mod as most tribes 2 functions that i need were removed in the making of t2rpg.
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s27/Oni_Link1000/guiclient.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s27/Oni_Link1000/screen2-3.png

5/3/09
Sorry about the updates recently, been busy. Its going Server side, chances are the only the only thing thats going to be removed is the class system(after i did that work on it :|) jetpack effects are in the making :D.

EDIT: Linked it, Teratos is a newb.

Comments

• edited February 2009
    You broke the tables.

Admins, ban this newb please.

EDIT: Ban anyway, now it takes too long to see the pictures since you have to click away.
  • On to something a little more positive, I think this will end up being interesting.
  • I have looking for a RPG server on Tribes 2 so i will try it when it come out.
    it quite fun to play RPG maps when you have some ppl whit you so keep working :)

and teratos why are you so mean to Oni Link?
    if you don't say some thing good then don´t say it at all.
  • and teratos why are you so mean to Oni Link?
    if you don't say some thing good then don´t say it at all.

Are you serious? He broke the tables, he should be perma-banned.
  • dude, stop being off topic here. He fixed it, now shaddap.

Anything constructive anyone would like to add, like weapons/deployables they'd like to see, how factioning should be done, how the map's handled, vehicles, anything?
  • You asked and I answered.

On a more serious note, this should be pretty cool.
  • Chill guys, teratos is just being silly/a idiot. (look at both our sigs you'll see something familiar.)
  • The thing that bugged me about T2rpg was the fact that it was fantasy based... What the hell? Why? Why not something in the tribes universe? I just didn't get it.

I have a specific memory of just fucking around and flying a loaded bomber millions of meters out of the mission zone with some pals and setting up a little mobile base, then trying to ski back to the mission zone while kry and wildcard hunted me down in a shrike or grav cycle.

To see a T2rpg that's essentially a multiplayer version of some of the cooler training missions would be pretty badass. Complete with scripted bots and mission objectives. I'm not sure why this doesn't exist, and if it has in the past, then i'm disappointed for never finding it.

What are your thoughts on that?
  • edited February 2009
    The thing that bugged me about T2rpg was the fact that it was fantasy based... What the hell? Why? Why not something in the tribes universe? I just didn't get it.

I have a specific memory of just fucking around and flying a loaded bomber millions of meters out of the mission zone with some pals and setting up a little mobile base, then trying to ski back to the mission zone while kry and wildcard hunted me down in a shrike or grav cycle.

To see a T2rpg that's essentially a multiplayer version of some of the cooler training missions would be pretty badass. Complete with scripted bots and mission objectives. I'm not sure why this doesn't exist, and if it has in the past, then i'm disappointed for never finding it.

What are your thoughts on that?
    Already been done.
    http://t2.jimomighty.com/agents/
    http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s27/Oni_Link1000/screen1.png
  • That would explain it. I stopped playing much T2 around that time. Too bad. I'd like to see the idea expanded on, I might take a run through the map editor again and see if I can put something together.
  • Till I see what's being done so far in terms of the goodies us numbskulls can play with and how teams/grouping will be handled I'll withhold further comments on what I want via PM.
  • You broke the tables.

EDIT: Ban anyway, now it takes too long to see the pictures since you have to click away.

wtf.. is your problem, asshole.
  • You broke the tables.

That's not very civil, and apparently you can't read. Will the admins please ban Phatnom###
  • You broke the tables.

That's not very civil, and apparently you can't read. Will the admins please ban Phatnom###

IF teratos was admin I think his ban hammer would be wary hot right now...

But teratos why do you wont admin to ban all ppl?
  • I don't want the admins to ban Oni. My first post in this thread was simply a bump for my FRIEND & RenWerX "co-worker's" thread. He even pointed that out in reply #7.

I'm not a big fan of Phantom139 because he decided to call me an "asshole" even after Oni had explained things.

When this is done it should be pretty cool (as I said above). I know that Oni will stick to it, and he has one of the greatest T2 modders/scripters available to help him if he gets stuck.
  • I've come to a conclusion...

I... I love you.
  • Anyway, somewhat important update, Chances are i'm going to now make this server-side.
  • Still awesomness.
  • Well think about it, people will beable to join without any client files once the auto map downloader is made. But on the bad side, i am running into problems with the system.
  • Remember, for HUDs you can (ab)use the Mod HUD and the Score HUD. :)
  • I can also use practice and admin hud if i need to.
  • edited March 2009
    I think the Practice and Admin HUDs were statically implemented, whereas the Mod and Score HUDs were implemented such that you could do (albeit limited) customization.
  • Hrm, well what i'm going to need,
    f2= menu for random things.
    Mod hud= will be activated when you come into a buying invo. So then you can buy things.
    I need another hud for selling.
  • Its been months, so I'm fairly sure what interest was there is gone now, but has anything else been done?
  • edited July 2009
    Blegh, I've ran into things with the tribes 2 engine(huds, maps etc), also been busy in a thing called 'life'(it has really sweet graphics ;p). But i am working on aeon for tribes 1 again. Should see it hosted on playtribes.com sometime when it comes out.

EDIT; Uselessxdave is now hosting a server for t1.
  • Yes.. .I've heard of this 'life'. Uncompromisable in-game hierarchy, constant currency issues, dicey methods of getting in touch with staff (so bad in fact it's often said that staff don't exist), and if you die in-game there is no respawn option (some debate over this, but instances of respawning are at best debatable and unconfirmed).

I've been busy here as well, hence why I've not asked sooner.
  • You broke the tables.

Dude, Phantoms been around for much longer then you so shut the f*** up, pardon my laguage
  • So to get the whole Aeon thing I'd have to go back to T1?