Get a UE when connecting

I am sometimes getting a UE when connecting to my own dedicated server. I have all the proper ports forwarded and can see my server on the list, but on join I either get a UE or this message Server sent back unreasonable IP challenge source|Possible replay attack attempt. I tried entering this command $IPv4::InetAddress = "your.external.ip.address"; in the console but no dice. I have not been able to connect to it whether its the UE or the other message. Any ideas?

Comments

• You're not really supposed to enter "your.external.ip.address" into the field. You're supposed to replace that with your IP address.
  • Try connecting via your external ip...
    joingame($IPv4::InetAddress);

• You're not really supposed to enter "your.external.ip.address" into the field. You're supposed to replace that with your IP address.

Lol I am aware of that I just copied and pasted from the other faq thread for convenience. Regardless though that didnt seem to work, I will try the joingame command however. Thanks.
  • that almost worked, no UE but a timeout instead. Can someone do me a favor? I am gonna leave my server running this evening, if you happen to be in game please try to join, server name is "T2 Instagib CTF!!!" ip add: 71.235.136.7:28000, and let me know here if you got in without any trouble. I'd like to know if its just me. Thanks.
  • Server runs fine, was just in it.
  • thanks, maybe i have to join from a different comp. years ago i thought i could host a dedicated server and play on it from the same pc but maybe not.
  • Are you joing via the lan or the wan ip?
  • I start the dedicated server via a shortcut that looks like this, C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\ispawn.exe 28000 tribes2.exe -dedicated -mod t2instagib

On the same comp I start up tribes,C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\SierraUp.exe

login with my tribesnext ID. I can see my server on the list, highlight it hit join get UE or that other message (Server sent back unreasonable IP challenge source|Possible replay attack attempt). same thing using the joingame command in console. Pull out my laptop and have the same problem. It must have something to do with my home network setup seeing as how you were able to join without issues.
  • oh wait, I made an oopsie.
    Try joining with your local IP address...
    Probably something along the lines of 192.168.x.xxx
  • that did the trick thanks for the help fellas ;D
  • Hi, in my humble experience UEs can be caused anytime, anywhere, by many many reasons. I was getting them alot and finally windows gave me a code message that I goggled and found it was an Adobe .dll that needed updating. Whew imagine that so I check it out and sure enough I was using Adobe 7 so | updated to Adobe 8 and the UEs stopped. Still get one now and then and have no idea why buy that was always the way!
    RB10
  • Stop using adobe and start using fox reader.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php