Cannot login. "Incorrect Password"

I'm 200% sure about what I typed in for my password..yet I can't login. It will just keep saying that I have an incorrect username or password, in which i have both correct. I don't feel like waiting a week either =[. Help?

Comments

• Type your username slowly, and password. Believe me there is something you may be doing wrong.
  • Type your username slowly, and password. Believe me there is something you may be doing wrong.

No good, the username is right, because it saved that under the account list, password, i had to comfirm during setup..still wont work..tried typing it slow, also tried potential typos when typing too fast.
  • Hmm, I really think something you must of typed wrong while registering. Well really can't tell you more. Sorry man.
  • Eh, its ok. Also, I know the name is registered. I tried registering again, and it said the name was already taken..So maybe I did mess it up..is there no way to retrieve password?..if not..thats a huge bummer..
  • Well if there is no way, I guess Thyth can delete you account and you can create it again.
  • If you lose your password, you lose the account. I don't have the ability to recover accounts without a password, since your password is never sent in plain text outside of your computer.

You can back up your public.store and private.store files in Tribes2/GameData, then attempt a credential download from the account server. If the account server rejects the request, then that's confirmation that you've forgotten your password.
  • If you lose your password, you lose the account. I don't have the ability to recover accounts without a password, since your password is never sent in plain text outside of your computer.

You can back up your public.store and private.store files in Tribes2/GameData, then attempt a credential download from the account server. If the account server rejects the request, then that's confirmation that you've forgotten your password.

Is it possible if I send you the password I used to at least comfirm if I messed up or it was the server? I mean cuz after registration, I ended up logging in, but the client crashed, so I got in SOMEHOW. I mean, I have no other way of testing my username and password to see if the account still exists or w/e. Like is it possible if I give you Accountname and PW and you try to retrieve data? Do I have to open ports or something?
  • You can PM me, and I can verify against the account server database.
  • Ok, I just compared the account info you sent me with the data in the account database. The account credentials you sent me are correct, but there is a major anomaly in your database entry. The account server is supposed to reject anomalous account creation requests... but for some reason, it looks like yours got through.

What size key did you try to generate, and what version of the patch were you using?
  • I believe I used 768 first time around. Yeah, I think that's right, because I was thinking "Only a minute more for a more secure account? Why not?"

I was also using the latest patch. Downloaded the client and patch through bittorrent.
  • The bit torrent version does not have the latest version of the patch. It has rc1c, rather than rc1e.

Looking closer at your account certificate, it looks like the version you used to generate doesn't have the additional key generation constraints designed to prevent exactly this from happening. It looks like the public exponent and totient must had a common factor and were not coprime, which was an extremely rare side effect to a non-prime public exponent. In rc1d I constrained key generation to only allow 3, 5, or 7 (all prime) as the public exponent. The one on your public key is 9, which isn't prime.

You'll want to download the latest version of the patch from the website, and join IRC so we can deal with this corrupted account. I plan to make some alterations to the account creation process for RC2 which should prevent these sorts of issues from happening again in the future.
  • I don't know if the cause of his problem is the same as mine, but I can't log into my account that I registered today with the password that I typed in ( im 100% sure I'm using the right one).

I attempted to join a server and the game crashed. Tried to log in again but it says my pw is wrong...

downloaded the game from the darksyndicate.net mirror and got the multiplayer patch out of the downloads section.
  • Could you open your public.store within GameData in a text editor and paste in the first 50 characters or so of the relevant account line?