Version 25034. And still not a valid win32?

Hey guys, first off wanted to thank you for bringing life to that almost forgotten game :)

But now my problem. I have the game on a CD and it reads in the readme file that it is version 25034, which, I understand, is the version necessary to get the TN client working without the "no valid win32 app" warning. But the problem is, I still get that warning after patching your client :(

Any advice? I have waited for so long to actually play the game with real people as I found it at the time when no files were found, no people playing were found etc. And when I find a nice community of devoted players, I can't play :(

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• edited March 2009
    ;) Hi, I have not had that or any error with tribes using the disks, here is the way I've installed on 2 different pcs one with XP and the other with Vista. First install the original Tribes disk reboot then install the 25034 update disk reboot install the AlternateMasterSupport .V12 file, go to the game and open a server, reboot then install the TribesNext file patch then log in and establish an account and all works great. Hope this helps! ::)
  • I only have one CD, and I've never been able to see online servers from the game before, I had the online mode patch but there was something wrong with it, it would constantly search for updates and then not find and not work also.
  • Best advice is to fetch the installer via bittorrent (here).
  • Thanks, I just solved the problem though. I tried patching the game again just in case, this time I downloaded a different, bigger patch. It worked and if my computer wouldn't keep telling me the account server is offline I'd already be playing;)
  • did you apply the TribesNext patch?
  • Yeah. It works great and my ue-problem was also gone online. There were certain maps and vehicles that gave me ue on startup when playing with bots for sure(Katabatic, Gauntlet; The tank, bomber) but I didnt get a single problem online except for high ping:)