TribesNext Virus Error issue

Hi, I just recently decided to give Tribes Next a quick go especially as PCG uk covered you fellows.

Making the game work is "EEEZ-EEE" however, my antivirus PCGuard provided by Virgin media keeps mistaking the Patched TRIBES2.EXE file for a virus (W32/Internet-Trojan-patched-based!Maximus) any idea how to stop it from quarantining the file? besides turning off my antivirus/firewall?

Comments

• Yeah, remove the AV and report the false positive to the vendor. Unless you can tell the AV to not quarantine on sight, you'll have to get rid of it.
  • Ah. Well i found a temporary solution. The AV has a Autoscan checkbox, which I unchecked. Just means that now I have to scan manually once in a while ^^

As for removing it - well its a no go thing really. Im paying for it as part of my ISP bill and since AVG went sub-only theres not much more I'd be interested in using. eitherway..

-FIXED- :D
  • We'll have this fixed more permanently one the loader mechanism is rewritten to leave the on-disk copy of the game alone.

That's currently slated for RC4.