Running a Modified Server

edited March 2009 in Support
First off, I'd love to thank those in charge for the TribesNext project. From the moment I had heard about it, I immediately fell in love and spread the word to all my gaming friends. :)

I do have one problem that I cannot seem to remedy on my own. I've been trying to run a server online to play with my friends and some bots. The server goes up fine, everybody can connect, and the server is stable. The only problem I have is trying to load a mod.

I've been trying to use Meltdown 2 (from Here) or Meltdown 2 Classic (from here) [not at the same time, of course]

Currently my Tribes2 launch looks like:

C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\Tribes2.exe -online -mod Meltdown2
(and when attempting to run Meltdown 2 Classic, I edit the mod argument to read -mod MD2Classic)

Both mods are located in their respective folders in the GameData directory, and I only attempt to load one at a time (and if that fails, I would try the other).

The game launches fine, server loads fine, but the server still runs "vanilla" so to speak. I've been browsing through these forums, but I haven't been able to find much information except what I am already doing. I feel I may be overlooking something simple, and any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Thought I would add when trying either, that the F12 "Mod Menu" comes up with a blank drop-down box. Also, more specifically, the supposed F8 menu for Meltdown 2 (mentioned here) seems to be non-existant even after trying their suggested command: commandToServer('ModHudInitialize', true);

Edit #2: Just noticed I should've plopped this in the server support sub-forum, so mods - move this thread if needed. My apologies for this.

Comments

• Delete all .dso files in your base folder, and try again.
  • To get the mod hud to work, while you are in game go to settings>controls> and then scroll all the way down to the bottom and look for "Mod Hud." Map that control to whatever you want.

There is also an admin hud that you might want to bind.
  • Delete all .dso files in your base folder, and try again.

Many thanks, Turkeh :) Server is running perfectly now.
    To get the mod hud to work, while you are in game go to settings>controls> and then scroll all the way down to the bottom and look for "Mod Hud." Map that control to whatever you want.

There is also an admin hud that you might want to bind.

Yeah, I've had my Mod Hud bound to F12 (which was default), and Admin Hud on F11 ;D

That's what confused me a bit about the whole MD2 Mod Hud that they said was supposedly on F8. I figured the mod included a special function for it's own menu, but I guess I was just overlooking the fact that people use their own binds.