Problem w/ Scripts/mods

OK, so I haven't done this in a while, and don't exactly know what I am doing.

When I download .vl2 files, I put them in my C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\base
When I download .cs files, i put them in my C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\base\scripts\autoexec
But they don't always work.

Skins seem to work, as well as about 1/2 my scripts, but GUI changes, recital changes, and vehicle skins, IFF changes, Flag Icon changes all seem to fail.

Something interesting to note however, is when I joined a construct mod, all the changes i just mentioned, seemed to work... I dunno...

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Make sure you have http://www.chaingunned.org/sling/Ilys_Scripts/support/tabbed/support.vl2 in your base directory and for the IFF etc just extract them from the vl2 and put the .png files in your folders.

for example: for the reticules goes here:
    C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\base\textures\gui

;)
  • Thanks,

My slight case of OCD compels me to extract every vl2 file and put the corresponding files where they belong. Anything else I should know?
  • edited March 2009
    Ok, new problem. Everything seems to be working now, except that MUD mover refuses to keep things in place. I have to reload my hud by resizing the chat screen, its SUPER ANNOYING and kinda pissing me off...

Is there a script that locks my hud positions or refreshed hudmover on spawn or something?

Thanks for the help...

EDIT:
    also, what are/where do i save .unf files?
  • Remove hud mover and Try using http://www.chaingunned.org/sling/Ilys_Scripts/HudManager.vl2 and see if it solves your problem.

and .unf I think that is what they use for legends game not tribes2
  • Thanks!

The Hud Manager 099 worked, the other one didn't.

But now I have a funny issue where i cant hold my trigger down, it auto releases after i click, making the chain gun impossible to use...

Its probably one of the other 20 scripts i have now, but it didnt start untill i got hudmanager working.

Thanks for all the help.
  • Thanks,

My slight case of OCD compels me to extract every vl2 file and put the corresponding files where they belong. Anything else I should know?
    We need a :twak: smilie on these forums.
  • I'm pretty sure the hud manager script don't have anything to do with the trigger problem lol. If you can't figure it out go to C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\base\prefs

open autoload.ini and Copy and paste it here and I'll see if I can find it for you.

I think I had similar problem when I tried to use the auto repair script but now sure though.
  • It was frostyrepair.cs

I changed the load order in the INI file to further down the list, and it went away. My game runs beautifully.

Here is the order anyways, just for peer review and whatnot;

HudManager.cs
    CenteredCC.cs
    AmmoHud.cs
    ValEqSpawnDiscBlasterThrow.cs
    UberGameGUI.cs
    uberDeployer.cs
    uberChat.cs
    bind_manager.cs
    localtaunt.cs
    fovfix.cs
    3rdzoom.cs
    3rdinv.cs
    3rdflag.cs
    ResetZoom.cs
    killpopup.cs
    healthpack.cs
    grabtimer.cs
    Faramir-Auto-Repair.cs
    EvHideWep.cs
    teamChatFix.cs
    ColorKills.cs
    cleanDSO.cs
    BeaconMine.cs
    teamcount.cs
    KillDeathTKSuicideCapCounter.cs
    HalKillSound.cs
    FrostyRepair.cs
  • I knew it! it was some repair script lol ;D .

vgra
  • wait, problems back. ima delete that script
  • Fixed, frostys was making my trigger auto release on mouse off click...

So i am gonna find a replacement
  • I've tried a lot of different scripts for auto repair but in the end I had to remove them because I'm always in a rush and all the clicking made my disc shoot whatever I was repairing. :-[ lol. So I think you are better off not using it ;)
  • i was wrong, frosty's scipt was good, it was faramir autorepair that was nuking my mouse.

Works now, but sometimes my textures dont load, and everything is jetblack... kinda cool :/