Wierd script shows up while editing

I'm not sure if any other mappers out there have come across this or not, but while editing any map, I get sometimes one or several of these scripts that show up in the editor tree. After I leave the editor and back into the map, and then close game it gives me an UE. Also when I try and reload the same map it gives an error and loads a different map in it's rotation.
The only cure for this I have found is to open the maps .mis file and delete all these scripts, then it loads fine, but when I go back into editor and make more changes and/or additions, they show up again, then I have to repeat deleting them again. I have tried this for both online and LAN/Solo, and they appear on both.

Any one have any ideas?

Here's what the script looks like......

};
new ScriptObject() {
class = "RHTTPClient";

vars1_value = "1";
Path = "/t2/heartbeat.php";
headerContent-Length = "3";
vars3_value = "Ona\'s Map Editing Server";
httpcode = "200";
headerDate = "Fri, 27 Mar 2009 03:41:56 GMT";
vars5_value = "1";
headers1_value = "Tribes2/25034 RHTTPClient/0.1 (20081023)";
headerCount = "4";
vars7_value = "TAC2MissionBlank8square";
headers4_key = "Content-Type";
vars2_key = "p";
vars4_key = "t";
headerServer = "Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-3 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8g";
body = "OK";
vars6_key = "l";
userAgent = "Tribes2/25034 RHTTPClient/0.1 (20081023)";
tcp = "8219";
vars8_key = "o";
headers2_key = "Host";
headerConnection = "close";
vars2_value = "28000";
headers4_value = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=iso8859-1";
vars4_value = "TAC_CTF";
headers3_key = "Content-Length";
vars6_value = "16";
callbackDone = "altheartbeatDone";
headerX-Powered-By = "PHP/5.2.6-3";
varCount = "8";
vars8_value = "0";
callbackError = "altheartbeatDone";
port = "80";
requestType = "POST";
vars1_key = "v";
headers2_value = "t2.plugh.us";
vars3_key = "n";
headers1_key = "User-Agent";
httptag = "HTTP/1.1";
response = "OK";
headerContent-Type = "text/html";
vars5_key = "c";
vars7_key = "m";
headers3_value = "89";
state = "6";
host = "t2.plugh.us";

Comments

• That would be created by the Alternate Master Server list project which preceded TribesNext. You'll have a VL2 named AlternateMasterServer.vl2 somewhere in your T2 installation. If you remove that VL2, you won't get that object anymore.
  • Thanks thyth. ;D ;)
  • Just a little advice about mapping, The editor is usually very picky sometimes if you have scripts installed when you map.

If your serious about mapping you just make a new/script less installation just for mapping something like this C:\Dynamix\Tribes2e and for regular gameplay C:\Dynamix\Tribes2 you can just copy and paste the main folder and rename it.

I did this after wasting several hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong why the map wasn't working then later find out it was because of some script I had installed. :-[