Starting SERVER gives all BOTS from both teams the the same SKINS.

Used to have BaseBot and BBaseBot Skins but now all the bots on both teams just get the BaseBot Skins. But If I change the mission then they get the correct skins for the next map. I wonder if this is caused by having More than 16 Bots in a game? I am looking into it in my spare time. As I am very Busy making a new SEVER SIDE MAP.

Comments

• Pink Panther posted a fix for this on Tribes2maps.com. Not sure if it's on TribalOutpost.com. If I recall correctly, it's not related to bot count.
  • YES I found the thread with Pink Panther and he talks about the problem. But here is the thing. I have been playing tribes 2 for over 6 years and running a server for over 5 years and I never had this problem before. So it is something that the Tribes Next crew did? To change the way Clients connect? Or something? I would like to hear them weight in on this before I go hunting though all the game code that has been the same for years and never had this problem before.
  • I'm sure there are some changes that altered the connection process. I know at first, TribesNext broke quite a few scripts. We're doing our best to keep from stepping on more toes.

TribesNext still does not fully support listen servers. If you're trying your stuff on a listen server, it might whack out.
  • NOPE just regular Tribes Servers are screwed. The BOTS all get the same skin when the server runs first map. Server Start Up.
  • NOPE just regular Tribes Servers are screwed. The BOTS all get the same skin when the server runs first map. Server Start Up.

You can set the skin manually.

settargetskin(%bot.target,'whateveryouwant'); should work.

I am NOT ASKING how I fix it! I am telling the Tribes Next Crew that they screwed something up.

I am NOT ASKING how I fix it! I am telling the Tribes Next Crew that they screwed something up.

Take it easy Lagg-Alot, he was just trying to help.
  • edited March 2009
    I used to able to HOST a LAN server and K=Jion the same LAN server from the same Machine. Seems we cannot do that anymore either.
  • I used to able to HOST a LAN server and K=Jion the same LAN server from the same Machine. Seems we cannot do that anymore either.
    Please see this FAQ.