Post your Old School Players/ Clans

Comments

• Played T1 & 2, both since release dates. Super bummed when the servers went down. I spent a lotta years without the internet, so I never got at ridiculously freakin amazing at T2 as most, but I logged a lot of hours, particularly when I formed a clan. It was a small one, only lasted about a year and had about 30 active members, but we had a lot of fun.

My old tag was Maelstrom81, and the clan was ^DrA^ Dragoon Alliance.

Hit me up, cant wait to play.
  • I started playing again ~3 weeks ago...

Last time I played was about 10(?) years ago.. Something like that, I was in elementary school, and am now a freshman in college.

My old character's name was Monster Kiwi.
  • didnt they part ways with gigs to when he went to ewo

Gigs (Rest in Peace buddy) did leave back awhile ago. However he was instrumental on creating Miami Vehicles (MV). Also EWO was a close friend of MV too.
  • New old player. Just re-downloaded the game after several years. I typically go by RainEdayWoman, so pretty sure that is what I went by even back then. I do not remember much about the game other than it being really fun. Sad to see it has faded like so many others. I have been tinkering around hoping to come across other actual players still around but have not been so lucky. Defiantly need some refreshers most is coming back just tinkering around bot servers. But, having a hell of a time trying to remember how to work mods and such. I have a friend I would like to introduce to the game even if for some one on one games but not sure the download would be worth it considering the lack of players. Is there any particular servers those of you who still play frequent?
  • Hmm lets see. I've been playing since Starseige and quit when T:V was puked out for sale. I have always been AngryBeaver.
    1) {SaH}AngryBeaver
    was the first clan I was in
    2) ~SkZ~AngryBeaver
    thewickedskillz. TWL competetion clan. Greatest fun I ever had was with these guys.
    Big A, mailer?, Contra, Mr Chong, Collosus X, DOMination, Katman, Kosai, Zonkman, M4rtyr, Berserker, Arsenist, Docroadie, =Youngblood=, SMIV, Tark Shark, Nukelele, m o e b ii s
    3) |HV|AngryBeaver----Houston Vehicles. Back when -Tex was running the show.

I have yet to find another game like Starseige(Tribes 1) and Tribes 2. I play around in TribesNext some on the populated classic server. But like my old friend ABM stated in another post, I am rusty as hell and my arthritis hurts like hell when trying to play as I used to do......
  • My Old school player name was Radeon1 with a tag of {SoH} (Sentials of Hovck)

yes i can't spell but i miss my old player name and i can't wait to get it back so then i can start the new tag [FD] also known as FeatherDev.
  • Hey guys its TakillYa here

Played mostly ctf

Was in tribes like, shadow mafia, mv,hv, omg its agb and some other ones I can't remember

People I remember and I'm sure I'm going to forget a few, falcon911, youngblood,silentscope, gigz ,mister13, terranova, brolly, hybrid, lord neff and so many more
  • Oh hi,

Played T2 for a while, late 02 essentially until vengeance came out. Played with the same group of characters forever with seven deadly sins. I was night_eagle, now go by the handle filly, played a lot of light d and heavy d in my time. We played 16v16 right when I joined up with sDs and then reorganized to 7v7 which I loved for a while, until we all fell apart. Good to be back.
  • i mostly played on my dads account onlineslayer or whiteowl
    ^L^U^X^ Rumble
  • Old user name: D][CKWEED
    Clans: |ARES, |zoc|
    Favorite servers: HV, and the zoc server

Played T2 till about 2003. When the |zoc| clan started disbanding and the now ex wife thought I was spending too much time playing I quit altogether. I played the preview of Vengeance a few times, didn't like it. Played Enemy Territory under the name Fr3akB0y for about 6 months with a clan I can't remember the name of. Since then, I haven't played a true FPS for several years.

I am so jazzed about seeing if I can get T2 to work on my laptop. I really do miss the game.
  • CrimsonChris - Dad& Me Shared
    TQ Mayhem- Partner
  • This brings back good memories. :) Chomper here! Last time I played was with Miami Vehicles
  • Omnimon_X here.

I don't recognize too many names so far lol but I always seemed to be playing in the MV server up until I went to college in fall of 08. Joined a few no name clans such as MV, (ELE)_, and a few others I cant remember right now.

A few players I remember are DonJuan (i think?), oO0Oo (again, not too sure), _Tex

Was there for this event: http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/archive/t-390110.html

Lastly, T2 was the first game I bought ever, when I was about 10 years old, I'm 21 now (get off my lawn) and no other fps since compares. 20+ people on DIALUP?!?!?

Feels good to see people getting back into Tribes
  • old name: DemonIncubus
    new name: Quivering Blob

!
  • I some how stumbled on to this site at 6am on the end shift of studying for a final but wow... blast from the past with most of the tribes names

I went by lost and mostly played on HV and MV servers.

Now only if I didnt have a mac I could get on and play a few games with most of the people on here.
  • I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO I PLAYED AS BACK THEN!!!!... I am just happy to see that this game is still alive... I have missed it... Found it just 3 days ago... installed it on the puter im building, looking forward to actually killin somone one soon... hehe...
  • HardAnus from DSZ (Demented Soulz), Ni4Ni (Renegade Horsemen) and an Adjudictor on Rifleman's server.

Hey Lost, Im using a 15 in MBP and I partioned boot camp on here to install t2. btw your mac is way more powerful hardware-wise if you install bootcamp. MacOSX has limitations on VRAM (probably to save memory for more important processes since mac's arent really made for gaming), but when i partioned windows, my windows side has 1025 mbs of graphics card memory while in osx it was only 512mb.

vgw vgw vgw
  • Snap, I don't remember my aliases from back then... I think it was Nemo or Mr.Nemo, something like that. I just found this 2 days ago and I'm excited to see T2 still alive. I had just messaged a friend 3 days ago asking to borrow his T2 key when while searching for various ways to play, I came across this website. Within minutes, I was back reliving the glory days haha.
  • Hey whats up everyone! I just found this "Next" thing out, as I haven't played tribes since 2005! I used to play T1 and T2 a lot. I was never in a clan though. My old tags were either rambo-ts or nato1140, but I just go by s0b3 now

I have been wanting to find an older game to make this HP DV8000's existence justified, not that i will ever get rid of her, she is the most reliable computer I have ever had, and the best keyboard. I look forward to gaming with you guys and bringing back some old memories.
  • 1Carcass
    MisFiT
    Man I remember alot of these names :) few guys from our tribes2 tribe, game togather still.
  • 've been known as Krigherren since the beginning, was never actively in a clan though. Wasn't much a social adept at that point in time, haha. Looking forward to playing again, just as soon as I get passed the authentication server.
  • Biowar. Used to play a lot of dueling (arena was it?) and basic CTF way back from T1.

Might remember me from the {NOS} construction team.

Shoot me an email sometime elec or turkeh, I'd love to catch up.
  • KICKAZZ - Just found this. I was bored at work browsing youtube and ran across a T2 video.
    Man I miss this game, did a seach and this gem popped up.
    Was always KICKAZZ, from T1 to T2
    Played mainly HV and MV
    Was with MV for awhile, then on to EWO playing on the TWL ladders then it all seemed to disappear.
    Downloading NEXT again to see whats its all about, but going to rampage my house for my old disc and see what I can come up with playing T2 again.
    See ya in the field...
  • Stumbled upon this while bored after a snowstorm......

Cool thread, nice stroll down memory lane. Recognize a few names

Hounder was the name; Main tribe was CoDx....Was in more arena tribes than I can count
  • I am back to China now, can't get the ping anymore so I didnt keep up with the Tribes Series, Firefall is getting here, and PS2 hopefulling after world release, ill be on those games, pitty can't mess up with you folks anymore . dam i missed those dramas we had back in HV, i so lack sense of humor, and you guys just can't watch a Chinese guy being a score whore 24/7. muhhahaha . Ill find a way to keep intouch .
    Angry Black Man... now THAT'S a name a recognize.

Eolk, Mole13 ~

Lol yeah not dead yet, just runnin' away from da' po-po!!!!! :)

Hired gun available. Good with Beowof Tanks, Bombers and your mothers. :) GReat with anaimals. Good cook, too.

God to "see" you guys, lol!
  • Wink I've been on Communities since 03 and discovered enough to perform pretty well by 04, Stunned designed Group DOGGS {dggs} and we had over 30 Tribesman when Sierra drawn the connect on us Cry . Now we're awaiting TribesNext to get the Technique features managing again Look and have {dggs} going again. LONG LIVE TRIBES. Kiss
    yesh.
    what the manager said.

I was 3 smurfs again then.....good periods...
  • Mr Jinggles/Killer Sweetart/ CLAN: Arhiman Corps (AC)
  • edited March 2012
    Hola amigos que gusto encontraros de nuevo ;)
    -MV_Workamdux

Recuerdo a muchos amigos, brally. Falcon,sniperElite, MACARENA y tantos otros que compartieron su diversion en las tribus.

comienzo de pitufo por novato ::) no entendia ni papa de Ingles, recuerdo que decia en el chat. Sorry no speak english, i am spanish :D y me contestaban con la cancian de
    la cucaracha...la cucaracha... ya no puede caminar.. hahahaha
    Mas tarde cuando el lanza disco no se caia de las manos entre a formar a las filas de los
    Miamivehicles , un gran honor para mi 8)
    Despues los hermanos sombra -SB-, guerreros de Elite -EW- Centinelas del Havoc -SoH-
    hermanados casi todos con mis queridos Miami ;D

buscando y buscando despues del cierre de Garage , no pude encontrar juego como Tribes2
    porque a mi entender no solo era un juego, era un mundo social y creativo vivo para las
    tribus y los hermanos.
    Los sonidos
    Las texturas
    Los mapas
    Las pieles y tantas cosas creativas creadas para el disfrute y la diversion sin otro coste que el agradecimiento por el trabajo.
    Ayer instale el juego de nuevo que siempre estubo guardado en la estanteria de trofeos, nunca perdido. "Amo a Tribes"
    gracias a Tribesnext y fuerza ,honor a su trabajo .....Adelante Tribus

Saludos hermanos.

Traducc Googl

I remember many friends, brally. Falcon, sniperElite, MACARENA and many others who shared their fun in the tribes.

Smurf start by rookie ::) did not understand English or potatoes, I remember I was saying in the chat. Sorry no speak english, i am spanish: D and I answered with Cancian of
    the cockroach ... cockroach ... can not walk .. hahahaha
    Later, when the disc is not released from the hands fell from the ranks to become the
    Miamivehicles, a great honor for me 8)
    After the brothers shadow-SB-Elite Warriors-EW-Sentinels of Havoc-SoH-
    twinned with almost all my beloved Miami; D

looking and looking after the Garage closed, I could not find game as Tribes2
    because in my opinion was not only a game, was a social and creative world live for
    tribes and siblings.
    sounds
    the textures
    maps
    The skins and so many creative things created for the enjoyment and fun without other costs that the appreciation for the work.
    Yesterday install the game again that has always been kept on the shelf of trophies, never lost. "I love Tribes"
    by Tribesnext and strength, honor to work ..... Forward Tribes

Greetings brothers.
  • Salutations Brothers! Wow, blast from the past indeed. Used to play HV and later MV all the time from 2001 till around 2005, often defended the flag using a tank (damn high speed cappers in their shrikes), HV and MV pretty much the only servers w/o team damage turned on. Had someone send me a demo of the new Tribes: Ascend from Quakecon 2011, reminded me of fun times...

Gonna load up Ascend, see if it's worth playing... graphics look good, and gameplay actually looks fairly similar too. Perhaps HV will somehow resurrect itself in Ascend....
  • used to play back in Starsiege...our clan was called 'bbq' followed by names...

bbq6FeetUnder, bbqJeanValJean, etc

lost a lot of hours of good college studying playing! :) Now I'm playing the new Tribes Ascend...and still Next