Editing the audio/sounds?

Wow, I havent posted here once ever since I asked if it was a virus xD
But anyways, i've been playing alot and i've looked into the .CS files using Notepad and thought about editing the sounds for certain things, if you get into the .cs file you can see the filepath to the sound, would there be any way for me to put in a new path for the sound so a new sound would play when I say, activate my jetpack and fire the chaingun, or is that too risky, and if so, is there any other possible way?

Comments

• You mean replacing sounds? You can place a file with the same name as the sound you want to replace in its folder structure under /base/audio.
    If you open audio.vl2, that'll give you the names and paths for all the sound effects.

I've tried replacing the chaingun effect myself, but found the sound I used was too long, so only like every other bullet actually fired the sound. That's just a length issue though, all sounds are replaceable.
  • I cant seem to find a folder named Audio in the base folder, any help?

P.S Yes I do have hidden folders visible if it is hidden, I still cant find it
  • If there isn't one, you just have to make a folder named Audio and put the sounds in the proper file structure in there.

For instance, the sound of the spinfusor firing is, by default, in audio.vl2. To replace it, you put a sound in its corresponding filepath, which is
    ~/GameData/base/audio/fx/weapons/spinfusor_fire.wav
    Where ~ is your Tribes install folder (I think it defaults to C:\Dynamix\Tribes, but mine's different, thus my ~ convention)

All other sounds are replaced the same way.