HELP. unhandled exception

hi.
first of all.
I am greatful to those who set tribes2 up again. I came back to tirbes2.

the problem I have is well-down 'unhandled exception'
this error message comes up in 2 hours and is annoying.
I updated my grapic driver. I have 9.0 direct x . sufficient ram. etc.
I deleted all .DSO files as someone suggested on this forum. but it doesn't work.
I changed openGL to D3D in setup menu, but it doesn' t work.

Can anyone have good idea ?
oh. one thing. I think I should try running it in different ways such as by using Turret diffect or all seeing eye program. etc . this would be last try.

Comments

• I think that Unhandles Exception is the one thing that held Tribes 2 from being the Best Game ever created. It seems to be a BUG in Tribes2.exe

Sometimes a sever can run for days without a problem.

Sometimes a player getting killed as he jumps from a vehicle causes a major crash.

What the world needs is a Tribes 4 (because Tribes Vengence is laughable at best) build using a solid game engine. The Torque engine may be better now but the one they build Tribes 2 on is very unstable.

If anyone wants to add coment on this matter I want to hear it.
  • Most UEs tend to be due to tanks exploding, I think. I tend to UE at least five times when I'm on Necrobones' tank-centric maps.
  • I have been Mapping And Modding for Tribes 2 (Mostly the AI Scripts) for about 7 years now. And this is what I have figured out:

1) First I fixed every dam console error that every appeared on my server.

2) Have found that there is an Interior File (the Recalescence Map Base). If you have Spawn Spheres that include the Octagon shaped hallways. You will get a UE. This also happens in the Dynamix Final Map called Inner Sanctum (it is the same base .dif slightly modified).

3) So Spawns can cause a UE. I remember how I found that out I put echo messages in the Spawn Scripts and found that it returned a message that no spawns were found in that base (the Recalescence Map Base) right before the UE happened. So I placed the Spawns inside that BASE but did not include the Octagon shaped hallways. The MAP is called Fumarole and you can download it and test it no UE's.

4) I am building a new MAP with the Scarabrea Base and with my modified bots. The Scarabrea Base will NOT draw a NAV FILE and therefore cannot be used with Bots. This has never spoted Lagg-Alot before (he finds away to make Bots :). I got out my Worldcraft and BUILD the Scarabrea base again. The whole thing, exacty the same size. But fixed it so the NAV will draw. Then I take my BASE file OUT and put Scarabrea back in. The BOTS follow the NAV they don't acually see the interiors. That took about 2 weeks. And alot of coffee :)

5) I build the Map added my BOTS and started testing Map. It works without flaws. But I am not here to brag. I started adding more and more and keeped changing stuff around and wannted to limit the spawn areas. Another trick is to BLOCK the area you want NO SPAWNS with a big Interior object (like a BIG SCALED BLOCK). DRAW the SPAWNS save the .spn file and then go back remove the BIG BLOCK and resave the .mis. No SPAWNS in that area.

6) All of a sudden I get a UE on that map. Every time I try it. Thank GOD I backup my files a lot. I deleted the changed map and reverted back to the original way I had it. Guess what UE fixed.

My conclusion is if there is something wrong with the .spn file it will; UE at random. probably when a player or BOT is trying to spawn.

This problem also happens on one other of my maps (Raptor) and know that I suspect it is the Spawn. I am going to fix that map too. I say it is the MAP (the SPAWN FILE specifically) that cause the UE not the vehicles blowing up.

Unless someone who can look into the Tribes2.exe and see the code. this is how we have to deal with it. Buy the way, the original Recalescence Map has everyone SPAWN outside the Base. I suspect that someone else knows about the spawn bug. One of the original creators and he fixed it by placing the SPAWNS outside.

Anyone want to weight in? Please do. The sooner we get rid of UE's the better.
  • You know what? Forget everything I said in the last post. I just started Tribes 2 and it UE'ed before the start up video even started. It is the Tribes2.exe file that is BUGGED.

I have never seen an Unhand led Exception on any other program in my entire life on any of the PCs I ever owned. Except for Tribes2.exe