Lack of Defense Turret....

So with TribesNext not utilizing DT, will that mean that hackers will be abusing T2 again or is there an alternative to DT?

Comments

• It's possible that some hackers will start running around. There may eventually be some sort of cheat counter-measures, but for the time being the devs are focusing on making sure the core system works.
  • Oh boy - here comes the Mortar Spam hacks. Still makes me laugh that you have to cheat at a game that's almost 8 yrs old...
  • Defense Turret is incredibly easy to bypass and the latest version has some bugs which makes it sorta useless.
  • Oh boy - here comes the Mortar Spam hacks. Still makes me laugh that you have to cheat at a game that's almost 8 yrs old...

There are no mortar spam hacks. That is an exploit that certain server owners who will remain nameless are too utterly inept to fix. It's literally like 6 lines that you add to one file, and rapid-fire will be gone from the server forever. Pathetic.

There are no mortar spam hacks. That is an exploit that certain server owners who will remain nameless are too utterly inept to fix. It's literally like 6 lines that you add to one file, and rapid-fire will be gone from the server forever. Pathetic.

Thanks for clarify that.... I usually just chase them down with the sl anyways... ;D
  • I have it on good authority that next nukes hm2, the script hacks can be dealt with, with of all things, scripts.