Account creation.

I wanted to create an acount but i says that the server found an probleme and did not accept my account.

Comments

• Give us the specific error, or better yet search for it in this forum.

My inference is that you got the message which said the server chose not to accept your account. This is indicative that you have registered an account from your IP address within the last 7 days and must wait before registering another.
  • "The authentication server detected a problem..." error means that key generation failed for some reason. Try going through the account creation process again, and if that doesn't work, reinstall the patch and game.
  • I get a message that goes something like this: 'The server acknowledged your request, but chose not to.'
    It is probably because my brother made an account from the same network (not same computer, though). Does this mean I have to wait WHOLE 7 DAYS to play online with my brother?? I hope not, because that's a VERY long time to wait for that.
  • I get a message that goes something like this: 'The server acknowledged your request, but chose not to.'
    It is probably because my brother made an account from the same network (not same computer, though). Does this mean I have to wait WHOLE 7 DAYS to play online with my brother?? I hope not, because that's a VERY long time to wait for that.
    Since the FAQs say yes... YES.
    However, you can both use the same account to play until you can create your next account.
  • What ports does Tribes 2 use ? I tried to create an account, changed my firewall settings to allow communication and still get the message " Authentication server is Offline or Unreachable ..and the server shows as being on.
  • You do not need to open any ports to communicate with the Auth server, as it would be an outbound request that your firewall would let through...

If you cannot communicate with the Auth Server, then I'd suggest checking your router/firewall configuration to ensure that Tribes 2 is allowed to communicate with the net (add an exception), that your antivirus does not perform some form of http/link scanning, that you have properly set affinity (if you use multi-core/cpu).

If you have stepped through ALL of those to no avail, then I'd suggest you try joining IRC, and somebody might be able to generate an account for you or provide support in a semi-realtime manner.
  • The only thing I haven't checked is my antivirus scanner...Panda does some weird shit at times .Everything else is set to accept the inbound/outbound traffic the game requires . If all else fails I'll see about IRC and go from there .
    Thanks Turkeh. ;D