Can't see servers

Hey guys, I haven't been able to see the server list in game; when using the "all servers" filter. It's not a router problem cause I'm directly connected to my cable modem, and I don't think it's my anti virus since I have tried it even with it disabled. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• This may seem silly, but are you clicking, "Refresh List" after selecting your filter?
  • edited January 2009
    Yes.

I'm going to try reinstalling.

Edit: reinstalled, still not working :(
  • same problem, is this just a server outage or do i need to configure something else?
  • Nah, i was just online while i was writing this post.

hmm, is the console giving you any errors?

Refresh the list then quickly press the tidle key (~) and then post what it says.
  • I'm having the same problem. No console errors or anything, it just doesn't display any servers and refreshing does nothing.
  • Are we checking filters such as by ping and no empty and so forth??
  • Are we checking filters such as by ping and no empty and so forth??

Filter is set to show all servers
  • Did you disable any firewall software that you may have running?
    and I don't think it's my anti virus since I have tried it even with it disabled
    :P
  • tribes220090107182614sp8.th.png
    Hit refresh w/ all servers filter.

tribes220090107182544am1.th.png
    Receive nothing. Nothing noticeable comes up in console after doing so either.
  • If you put trace(1); in th console, push the refresh button, screenshot the console and type trace(0); we can get a better idea of whether the script is running or not.

If you're able to view http://master.tribesnext.com/list you should technically be able to view the list ingame if it isn't being blocked by a firewall. If you're able to get the auth server location, there really shouldn't be trouble with this - though I'll see about working with someone who has this problem to see if we can resolve their issue and put it in a minor update if it turns out not to be a network issue.
    and I don't think it's my anti virus since I have tried it even with it disabled
    :P

While they may be bundled, anti-virus software and firewalls are two different things. Even when they are bundled, disabling one may not disable the other.
  • Make sure you forward the 27999, 28000, 28001-29000 for tribes 2 if you think your router might be blocking.

That turned out to be my issue.

-Phil
  • I uninstalled my anti vir and it works now, I don't really understand why though since I supposedly had it disabled (it lies). It was a stand alone anti vir, so it didn't come with anything else like a firewall etc; anyways thanks for the help. :)
  • Here's what I get when I try to trace, this is the first UE I've gotten also.
    • untitled.JPG
  • If you are able to get "online" as the status on the account creation page, but not able to get any servers on the list, you might try installing this copy of the patch:
    http://www.tribesnext.com/krash/TribesNext_rc1c.exe

It includes a variety of fixes, but isn't quite ready to be pushed into the next update.
  • Error opening 2 files:
    rubyintersect.dll
    msvcrt-ruby18.dll
  • I'm still having the problem, I've tried the following things.

-Tested the browser list link in my browser, is normal.
    -Forwarded ports
    -Disabled AntiVirus
    -Ran WireShark, I see an odd "out of order" HTTP packet incoming from the server. I think that's what is supposed to happen but it doesn't explain why the client doesn't parse it.
  • Error opening 2 files:
    rubyintersect.dll
    msvcrt-ruby18.dll
    If your tribes 2 crashes or otherwise terminates abnormally, rubyintersect.dll may be left open by the game. Open your task manager and kill the rubyintersect processes.
  • I cant see servers too. I can see the server list in a browser and disabled firewall/antivir - nothing changed.
  • /\ Same problem here
  • rubyintersect.dll
    msvcrt-ruby18.dll
    I got an error opening these files when installing rc1c
  • I finally got mine working. I am using NOD32 antivirus and I had to go into the advanced HTTP options and exclude T2 from being scanned. PM me if you have the same antivirus and problem.

Also, thanks to everyone who is working to help iron out these wrinkles. I got to play the other night and it seems to be taking off.
  • rubyintersect.dll
    msvcrt-ruby18.dll
    I got an error opening these files when installing rc1c
    Please see my above reply.
  • I just did a simple computer restart and the list is starting to generate. I don't use a router or AV so I know that's not the problem.

My idea for a temp fix is to add all servers as favorites once a list is generated. That way the servers will always show up. Just a thought.
  • I have solved all problems. In my case that was affinity. Since I have dual core optimizer installed (from amd site) all is working properly and smooth.