Meltdown 2 - Most popular combat mod on TN

2»

Comments

• hey where can i dl this sexy mod?
  • I think keen broke his site. =(

I can host it for him if he wants, but I only have an old version right now.
  • edited July 2009
    EDIT: Changes posted on forums - temporary website outage fixed.
  • I just made cappers faster, what are you complaining about?
  • Did you even read the changelog I posted above?
  • Posted this download link to the first post as well, until the website comes back online.
  • Posted this download link to the first post as well, until the website comes back online.
    What happened to the website?
  • Keen broke it.
  • theres somewhat of a temporary one here: soloservers.proboards.com

its actually just the forum for the server that most of the people play on but everyone is posting there for now.
  • edited July 2009
    The website is back, after some technical issues with my webhost. You can reach the official forums at:
    http://forum.radiantage.com

Wiki Reference for Meltdown 2 is here:
    http://wiki.radiantage.com/index.php?title=Meltdown_2_Manual

You can download the latest version of Meltdown 2 at the above link.

New in Meltdown: Ranks and Stats! Now rank up and show off your skill, and see common stats such as kills, deaths, healthkits used and more!

Come on over to the forums, or even post here with your suggestions and comments about Meltdown 2. Help make this mod even better for all players, and new ones!

Thank you all for making Meltdown 2 the most popular combat mod on TribesNext!
    • mostpopular.jpg
  • Not playing the mod before, it seems like classic but jacked up to make it 5x more crazy and not seem like Tribes 2 at all. Looks like it'll take a long time for me to get used to like WAR2009.
  • War 2003,08,09 owns this mod. Screw Meltdown :), go War :)
  • Meltdown2 has been popular as of lately. I've seen at least 16 people playing at once (with 16 bots) on the radiantage server.

Seeing as War is just an old version of Meltdown anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if a few people did play it. However, I've taken people's feedback and requests to make Meltdown the mod it is today, and I'm still doing it.

What's so great about infinite jets and 1-hit kill weapons anyway?

Seeing as War is just an old version of Meltdown anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if a few people did play it. However, I've taken people's feedback and requests to make Meltdown the mod it is today, and I'm still doing it.

What's so great about infinite jets and 1-hit kill weapons anyway?

Unlimited jet believe it or not is really popular. It's funny cause I invited friends to play, new people a year ago, and they were like oh dam unlimited jet this game rocks. And one shot kill weapons make it awesome and more exciting. To be honest it feels different from your mod other than having same weapons name but I find it better.
  • Well, I suppose that's your choice. Regardless though, I am proud to be able to say that Meltdown 2 is (still) keeping the most players aside from Classic and Construction.
  • What armor and pack is used to fire the MANTA and RMS silo?
    Been tryin to figure it out but no luck yet :(
  • It's controlled by a vehicle. Grab an Assault armor and pick out either MANTA or RMS ammo, head to the vehicle pad to spawn a Nightshade (under Transports), use the ammo on the Nightshade itself to load the superweapon of choice, then grab a buddy to fly to the target point, the gunner will paint the target, and bam.. instant AoE ownage.
  • It's controlled by a vehicle. Grab an Assault armor and pick out either MANTA or RMS ammo, head to the vehicle pad to spawn a Nightshade (under Transports), use the ammo on the Nightshade itself to load the superweapon of choice, then grab a buddy to fly to the target point, the gunner will paint the target, and bam.. instant AoE ownage.
    THANK YOU. *Goes and starts owning bases*