The Authentification Server understood but chose not to fulfill

I get this message when I'm sending my name and password :
The Authentification Server understood your request, but chose not to fulfill it.

Its a fresh install, with the lastess Patch TribesNext_rc1c.exe
Password strengh of 768

What im I doing wrong ?

Comments

• Wow, a server with an attitude!
  • Yes, its nice... but not in a situation where it don't allow people to Create an acount. :'(
  • Actually this error is sent when another account has been registered on the server from the same IP address within 7 days. If you attempted to create an account before, this probably means it already exists.
  • I tried a lot of times ... but it always was a failure...
  • In case you have a dual core processor, try setting Tribes 2's affinity to only use 1 core from the Processes tab of the task manager. I had the same error, the affinity fixed it.
  • That error message means an account was successfully generated from that address in the last 7 days.

Sometimes the account download that occurs immediately after generation fails. If this happens, do an account retrieval.
  • edited January 2009
    It doesnt work :(

I only got one core, daedalous, but thanks for the tip.
  • im getting the same thing, never registered except for this site, but not on the auth server. the affinity thing shouldnt effect the auth server registering my account, so not gonna bother trying that.. any idea when this will be fixed?
  • Both me and my brother want to play this, but me having to wait 7 days to start is a little ridiculous. He's already registered. Now I want to play!
  • There's something wrong because it tells me that my account name is "available and acceptable"... This means that i didn't create any account successfully .... What should i do?
  • I got the same thing happening. I have a dynamic IP but for some reason it isn't recognizing my friends account when he tried to create it right after mine from the same internet connection. Same error though. Still not sure.

-Donler the Great
  • The 7 day thing is a bad idea. You will NOT prevent denial of service attacks by doing this, and even if it did limit DOS, determined enemies have far more potent tools than creating dummy accounts repeatedly.

Additionally, just 1.5 years ago, I had a half class C block routed from my house. that is 126 accounts per week. I'm sure plenty of other people can use corporate networks, bot networks, etc to created multitudes of accounts.

If the 7 day rule isn't to prevent DOS or some other security reason, then by all means remove the rectal headgear, and the 7 day rule.

I'm not being nice, because if someone doesn't get loud/nasty about this, many other people will quietly walk away or quit playing.

The crashes, and other issues are bad enough -without- an arbitrarily created hurdle to entry.
  • I think the IP limit is more to prevent abuse from players getting banned from servers, then instantly making an account to circumvent the ban just minutes later.
  • I think the IP limit is more to prevent abuse from players getting banned from servers, then instantly making an account to circumvent the ban just minutes later.

Its called IP Ban.

Also, you may need to check your code elec, I made my first account over a week ago, Tried to make my second, and it gave me that error.
  • I'm not being nice, because if someone doesn't get loud/nasty about this, many other people will quietly walk away or quit playing.

The crashes, and other issues are bad enough -without- an arbitrarily created hurdle to entry.
    Good for them. We made these decisions for a reason. Getting nasty and ungrateful about it doesn't make me very inclined to change anything.

Keep in mind that this is purely a volunteer effort to keep this game running, and that the alternative is to have no system at all.

When it starts to be more trouble than it is worth, don't expect us to stick around, either.
This discussion has been closed.