newbie cloakers

2»

Comments

• Careful, you might make Scholtz stop posting in the thread. That's what he does whenever he gets destroyed by someone who actually has more than zero knowledge of the game. Making up random "facts" and pretending they are true stops being fun when someone with a clue calls you on it.
  • yeah watch out scholtz lol.The only knowledge these guys have is how to use cheap ass and cheat scripts.Then they talk about skill that they dont have.they only thing fucking stupid here is 95% of what these guys post and what they think they know about.
  • edit: You can use cloak to take out snipers and heavies spamming mortars, providing they stay still ( WHICH IS NEVER)

Easily accomplished without a cloak pack.
  • yeah watch out scholtz lol.The only knowledge these guys have is how to use cheap ass and cheat scripts.Then they talk about skill that they dont have.they only thing fucking stupid here is 95% of what these guys post and what they think they know about.
    you don't know hardly anything about us. scholtz was simply making up information to suit his case, which is a dick move
  • ...those skilled players came and went because there were too much CS players who wanted only speed and solo playing and were whining all the time how the vehicles were too powerfull etc.
    did you just compare classic to counterstrike
  • edit: You can use cloak to take out snipers and heavies spamming mortars, providing they stay still ( WHICH IS NEVER)

Easily accomplished without a cloak pack.

Guess you're right. (I've noticed with projectile, he always makes walls of text about how awesome he is without any proof. I've never seen him in game so, i would'nt know. )
  • He's proven it over the past 8 years. If you missed it, then it's pretty much your own fault.
  • did you just compare classic to counterstrike

I'm about to rage... how about you guys?
  • Comparing Classic to any of the lesser-mods or ground-hugger/run-and-gun games should be a bannable offense.
  • People compare everything to CS.
  • Back on topic:

I remember hearing once you could leave fewer footprints by jumping all the time.... true? false?
  • If you time your jumps right you won't be kicking up that telltale dust cloud that would otherwise reveal you when walking around.
  • If you time your jumps right you won't be kicking up that telltale dust cloud that would otherwise reveal you when walking around.
    Doesn't take long to get right either. I use it all the time to avoid people shooting at me.
  • stop, just fucking stop. you are just patently wrong here. you will always see the green iff marker on your teammates regardless of what pack they're wearing, even if it's an sj pack.

Okay, seems you have never even readed the T2 manual. Lets see about packs information...
    SENSOR JAMMER
    When not activated, this pack does nothing. When acti-
    vated, it projects a field of approximately 30 meters
    radius and hides ALL players within the field from all
    MECHANICAL
    observation (cameras, pulse AND motion sensors).
    Therefore, turrets will NOT fire at a jammed person,
    though other players can still see the
    pack user.

NOTE: IFF colored triangles will not appear
    for anyone in the sensor-jamming radius, so be careful!

And I do not know why you can not remember the tactics what many teams used with SJ. They simply hided them selfs among enemyplayers and only way to notice friend from foe was the armor. It was hard to use but very effective.

Ask yourself. Is it really so that SJ was so useless, that group of attackers who overpower the players in the defense, was not gaining anything, from the SJ when it was active and the attack ground was full of spider clamps, landspikes and base turrets? Think a situation where a assault and two juggernauts attacks to place what has example 4 spiders, 3 landspikes and base turret with plasma and there is plasma mounted and all has range and LOS to zone. And one assault and juggernaut in defense. With turrets defenders has overpower, even when all three attackers are having shields. But when one attacker has SJ. The situation change totally and it becomes the fight between players while the defense system does not even work so it would rip off the attackers.
    the sj pack was never used in base because it sucked ass. why the fuck would you want to use a pack that's only legitimate function was to stop turrets shooting at you - WHEN it's activated?? that's stupid. why not just use a shield pack, which will absorb all the damage and give you a dozen other functions with it anyways. sj in base was garbage, that's why it was changed.

a) because the SJ jammed turrets shooting your assault team. Not just you what the shield was protecting. Never heard turret farming? No use because one guy with SJ could jam assets while the other teammember did complete the assigned task more easily. Thats why SJ was very powerfull when used well. The SJ was made to use energy when jamming, because it was such a tool to give great power against defence. Without skills, it could mean useless but same can be place for cloak, why it use energy when cloaking. Same thing but just in different function and place.

I like the classic version of the SJ, in base it really is only ever useful for Tailgunners, or someone riding a Havoc. I have NEVER seen someone make good use of the SJ in base in any roles that wasn't the above. You can't even use it in sneak capping to get past turret farms or anything, because the energy drain is just too great to make any form of half-sensible getaway possible, and disk-jumping won't do you much good when playing base.

It was only a matter of skills to use SJ very effectively. When the "friend or foe" tag was removed, the enemy player did not notice you so easily if they did not check the armor. And because the enemy assets did not shoot you, they could not even think there was enemy if not looking at you and recognizing the armor. You could park the vehicle near and simply just walk to the flag with controlling energy usage and grabbing the flag and passing to friend. Or just jam the defense area and help teammate to grab the flag while none of the enemy assets where shooting. SJ was a very powerful tool when know how to use. It was not just so easy and simple as on classic where it makes it overpowered.
    again, just stop with your inane bullshit. You have no idea what you're talking about, you've never played on any decent team, and you're just making up information to suit your own agenda. "Many just came to show that they can be World #1 clans on T2 if wanted and then went to other games to do the same. " That's fucking bullshit.

You are right, you do not have a idea what you are talking about.

The best teams in tribes have always been composed mostly of exclusive tribes players that played other games casually.

They were the best teams what were left after best ones won the world championship on T2. Do you really think that best ones would always stay there being best? No, there are players who have own dedicated places where they can meet and play in one room without needing a any VoIP. They can see what teammate is doing just right next to them. And they do not care being always there, just playing for fun and proofing something for themselfs and others. Then they can just stop and start playing other games.
    hey buddy, the energy pack doesn't have to be activated either. must be overpowered!
    shit, if any packs are overpowered, it's the epack or shield pack. the reason they gave sj a passive function and cloak pack a boost in effectiveness is because they sucked in base and were basically worthless.

No they did not suck, only players who didn't know how to use them wisely. It was samething as with the shield, you needed to control the energy usage so you could reload energy while you were not taking hit, between the shots. Cloaker needed to know the base structure, scout the defenses and avoid the visual notification from enemy players. SJ was same kind but even more powerfull because you could help whole group of enemies inside and defence systems were not even there shooting at them. That was the idea of the defenses like spider clamps that they allow drawing players from static defence to other situations. To warn defenders from near enemy. Slow down the enemy movement and healt. With SJ on one of the attacker, the group had great advantage.
    But you can not even understand the strategies for base because you think the SJ was only good for tailgunners and so on.

Even on classic, they made tha SJ to be visible for cameras. Because the SJ was passive jamming for to one who had it. One enemy player had overpower right away against all other defense system if there was not cameras. On base, there was the energy limitation, but not even cameras could give up the jammer. Neither the friend or foe triangle over player. It was great pack to support teamwork. Just like I said... one player could help cappers so much by jamming the enemy defenses. You told exactly the situation what typical classic player would do in solo, grab the flag alone and shoot a disk-jump to get away. T2 was never meant to be less than teamwork. Game where SJ (as on base) had perfect place.
  • Scholtz please name one remotely decent team that used any of the stupid strategies that you are suggesting. If the only people who used those strategies were terrible Scholtz-level newbs against other terrible Scholtz-level newbs, then it really doesn't matter what strategies they use, because they are all clueless and have no idea what they are doing anyway.

Let me be blunt. You were horrible at base. You are horrible at classic. You have no idea what effective strategies were/are used in either mod, because the only experience you have is running around aimlessly in public servers. Everything you say proves that you have never even seen so much as a demo of a team playing a real match.

You don't realize that you are arguing strategy with a player who has been a top-level competition player in both Base and Classic (and Base++) for several years. You, on the other hand, probably have never played in so much as a scrim for any team in your whole Tribes 2 career.

Please give one single good reason why anyone should listen to anything you say about strategy.
  • not to mention he can't type

i'm going to mention that though
  • not to mention he fails at observation and can't figure out that the game doesn't work exactly as written in the manual
  • Cloaking sucks, Unless you're Kosai and you vpad cloak.

Cloak responsibly.

Thread closed.
  • did he really respond to me 6 months after I wrote that? rofl
    i'm not going to reward a potential troll by responding point by point, i'm just going to say he's a fucking retard.
  • point by point,
    Point wh0ring. :o

rofl.