Client Side Maps

So i ran across the TWL map maps 1 and 2, spent good amount of time looking at them. Thier awsome, some are to small to be played in a 30 vs 30 pug but each one has unique bases and additions to it as well as a new terrain. I think tribes next should include these as a patch, force people to download the patch to play tribes at all because tribes needs all the help it can get and adding i believe almost 50 new terrains and countless new bases, structures to use, will allow mappers to more resources and tribes 2 can grow.

So, just force feed the maps to these people so we can all enjoy some new maps, DX is getting kinda old.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Thyth already said somewhere that he isn't going to do that.
    This has already been discussed, and decided. There will be no mandatory downloads beyond what is necessary to get community services running. Period. End of story.

Auto-map downloading is already on the agenda. If that isn't good enough for you, or soon enough for you, too bad.
  • Idk, if TribesNext is "Acting Dynamix" they should be doing it IMO. They should be putting out updates for the game, it could be bug fixes more terrains, bases people create, whatever. It will only go good for the community
  • Or, we can have a community patch. Not a required download, but highly recommended which will include all this stuff.
  • I've always been a fan of the in-game Downloads page idea. That could have been whipped up in about 5-10 minutes.
  • Or, we can have a community patch. Not a required download, but highly recommended which will include all this stuff.

I like this, a patch that is created by the community for the community, TribesNext does not have to "endorse" it but its the players loss if they dont DL it.
  • We talked about this a little on the IRCes...

I was thinking that the patch should include:
    * Dynamix Final Mappack
    * TWL #1 & #2 mappacks
    * Support.vl2
    * DemoFix, UEfix
    * Anything else from the last community patch.

Maybe some other things, but I hate to burden it down with fluff.

Other things I was thinking about:
    * Some of the most popular custom skins (based on stats from GH probably)
  • Whats Support .v12?
  • .VL2

It's an important (support) script that is used by most other scripts.