Team Rabbit 2 Files

2»

Comments

• I don't know. We always just ran it on classic mod, since that's what was cool on the streets.
  • Hey threatcon,

The server still doesn't let anyone connect to it =(

It just says the server is cyclying maps and join shortly, but when you refresh the server, there is no map loaded
    its been like this the past 2-3 days
  • And gardok,

In an effort to make us more organized to get on and such, download steam (steampowered.com) and make a username. Add me to your friends list: neemajay

I have steam always loaded on my computer so you'll see whenever I'm on the comp, or away from keyboard, we can set up when we want to play like this.. me and nautique have been using it and it's much better than joining in the server in hopes that one of us is on....

So get it and download it so you me and nautique can contact each other better!

That would be awesome if threatcon got it.. it would be legit now if I could contact him to ask him to restart the server, because we cannot play now =(
  • Hey threatcon,

The server still doesn't let anyone connect to it =(

It just says the server is cyclying maps and join shortly, but when you refresh the server, there is no map loaded
    its been like this the past 2-3 days

I was on the server earlier and it was working just fine. I'm restarting it now.
  • It could be one of the server files that's messing the server upon a map change, it'll just keep "changing" the map so no one ever can join the server until you restart it
  • The server is fixed now. Shouldn't have any more problems with map changes.

Working on how to get player GUID's so I can give auto admin to certain people. I have no clue how to get them. The console only shows player id's like 2835 or such. It should be a much longer number I believe.
  • (magic player ID).guid
  • Thanks Threatcon for all this effort ;) Jafari and I were there for a while the other day until he encountered some lag on his end. I'm on Steam now too so we'll be able to coordinate better 8) Is there any way to lock the server in tournament mode or set disable players roles in some sort of server prefs file. That might make it so we stay in light armor the whole time until you can figure out how to make someone admin? ::)
  • No clue Gardok? If you kow of a setting I can put in the serverConfig file to do this than let me know and I'll take are of it. Also I'm still trying to figure out how to get the GUID's for each player to give them auto admin on the server.
  • Does anybody know where I can get Bwadmin v1.06? All sites that hosted it are now gone/down.
    http://forums.the-junkyard.net/showthread.php?t=2139
  • I doubt bwadmin even works anymore.

I think most server admins use evo or something like that.
  • hey threat,

me and naut got on today and awesome you added the mod.

but one problem, we cant be on the same team :/
  • Why do you need to be on the same team? As others join than you can change ;)
  • its really nice to have the VVH HELP! or the VFG Give me the flag! commands so i know where he is at most times, Incoming bomber also tells me that he just killed himself and is about to launch at the start. We cant hear team chat while on differant teams, also it will be hard to organize proper even teams when more people join if no one can switch.
  • its really nice to have the VVH HELP! or the VFG Give me the flag! commands so i know where he is at most times, Incoming bomber also tells me that he just killed himself and is about to launch at the start. We cant hear team chat while on differant teams, also it will be hard to organize proper even teams when more people join if no one can switch.

exactly what i meant :P
  • Hey guys, that steam works great and is a good way to connect but if we are serious about forming a team for this ancient mod I think we need to set a day and time to meet. Team rabbit is a sport like anything else so we need regular team practices or I fear this isn't going to happen :'( MaxOGC has gone the distance in providing this server but an unused server is a useless server. I suggest Thursday sometime, it can even be late at night as I am usually up till the cock crows anyway :-X I'm planning or logging or to steam and the server on Thurday so be there or be square. :D
  • Get on the server sometime and just chill so I can catch both of your GUID"s and give ya'll auto admin.
  • Cool, sounds like a plan. 8) I'll log on tomorrow around 5:30pm - 6:30pm central for some maximum chillification :D.
  • Cool, sounds like a plan. 8) I'll log on tomorrow around 5:30pm - 6:30pm central for some maximum chillification :D.

Roger that!
  • Hey all TR2 fans!! Yeah you three lolz. I was on the server one day about a week ago and we actually had like 8 to 10 people on for a while. It was a mix of noobs, semi-noobs, and like 3 or 4 vets. I guess the players at #lofty are still alive, whether they are kicking or not remains to be seen. ::) I talked w/ EFX for a bit though and he wants to get some games going as well. I guess they just needed a server to play on. He gave me some info on which files we might need to load on the server to get it up to date for competitions. Most of the essential TR2 files we can get at http://www.tthreaz.bugsprae.com/Tribes/Files/TR2/. He was not sure on which we would need to run on the server but he suggested these 3:
    TR2L Pack 5.vl2
    TR2Server_0412.vl2
    TR2server_Practice0301.zip
    Hopefully soon I'll get an irc client setup and I can go chat w/ the peeps on #lofty to see when we can get some practices and/or matches set up. ttys -Gardok-
  • Hey Threatcon and all TR2 fans

I saw you loaded those files I mentioned but we have a problem. Now it takes forever for the server to load and when we get in finally there is massive trigger and chat lag but it's not related to the ping. Both Blue and I were on and we had the same problem. I changed it to a couple different basic maps: Treasure Island, Sol's Descent, etc. and still the same lag for both of us but our pings were ok otherwise. Until I get in contact with EFX or someone who knows exactly what files we need we might be better off unloading them. I'll send an email to EFX to see if he can find out why this would happen. Thanks for loading the new maps tho. Let me know if you have free time at some point to test the server w/ various files loaded and I could help you run some tests. ::) ttys -Gardok-
  • That's not the latest version of the TR2 Server file. You want TR2Server_0419.vl2 which I posted on the second page. Anyway, if you're getting weird lag, it may be because you're using a dual core machine. There's a thread for that.
  • Ok, thanks Red Shifter. I am on a dual-core machine so you may be right about that.
    We appreciate any help we can get though. Do you think running it as a dedicted TR2 server would help in any way.? :-\ Maybe we should get rid of all the other mods to streamline it a bit. Also, I did fix the lag issue at least temporarily on my computer by deleting by .dso files so that may have had something to do with it. Due to the lack of players so far I'd like to set a tentative time to play at 8:00pm or 9:00pm central time so stop by then to see if anyone shows. I will try to log in at those times. I'l put the server in practice mode so that if one or two noobs happen to show they won't get bored. Long live TeamRabbit2! -Gardok-
  • There's no need to put it into practice mode, since an admin has to be present to change it. It's always better to toss with others than to try playing alone.

I think you should just throw away everything non-stock on the server except TR2Server_0419.vl2 and desired map packs, then run it in classic mod and change serverprefs.cs accordingly. There's a pref that needs to be set for TR2 to load, and there's a pref that needs to be set to do this setPerfCounterEnable business properly.

(Don't forget to remove the old TR2 server file like I said in the installation instructions post.)
  • Hi all, sounds like some good tips. I think deleting all the .dso files on the server might help as well since deleting my own .dso files helped with the lag issue. It might be that the excess mods and .dso files are causing the lag and high frame rate issues but it did start occuring around the time that the new files and maps were loaded. In any event, deleting the .dso files on the server could only help matters. -Gardok-
  • I always delete the dso files if I change anything on the server. The server has been updated, give it a try now.
  • True that the server has been updated, and the most recent files and map packs have been added, there is only one problem now. For some reason that i can't fingure out, there is a glitchy lag, its like as if ur print screening, yet the ping to the server remains in the low 40's.. Does anyone know why the server would do this?

MaxOGC.net Frag Fest 2 : 208.101.53.90:27006
  • Anyway, if you're getting weird lag, it may be because you're using a dual core machine. There's a thread for that.
  • Try it now EFX and see how it works.
  • were can i get the new (old) maps for this now?