Operation: "get everyone in the world to play tribes"

edited June 2009 in General Discussion
After stepping back and looking at the state of the community here over time, I've realized that there is not much difference now compared to last summer. People slowly go away while not many people find the game. The only exception is the recent fame from it's revival. Personally, it was a freak of nature that I found Tribes back in the day, and I think it's time for some good ol fashion viral advertisement. Honestly I don't know how that works, but i know with just the few people here, something can be done to increase attention.

The first thing that comes to mind when I hear "viral advertisement" are those chain letters on youtube saying "post this or you die in 3 days" things, but I don't think that is a good idea. Also, is it necessary for there to be a specific time to organize it's "outbreak"?

Anywho, back to the main point: The people playing tribes should bring in just at many people (or more) than the amount that leave over time. If you love tribes, you should do this or you will die in 3 days.

Anywho, back to the second paragraph: I was thinking a JJ Abrams type thing of just printing out a bunch of the tribesnext logos and putting them in public places without giving any descriptions. If it is flashy enough and in a place that people look often, they will google it and try it. I'm thinking that if people have to work to find somthing out, they will be more likely to try it out (as opposed to someone spoonfeeding them how great tribes is).

but yeah, I need some advice on this because at this rate, tribes MIGHT last 4 more years.

Comments

• In a local bathroom stall: 1-800-TRI-NEXT

I dunno. I do think that's an interesting idea though, that will either get attention to the site, or the attention of police.
  • we all should post about it on all the other forums we visit in the off topic section or something.

but what video should we link people to?

i found that this video has a bit of everything even though the vid inst very exciting and the intro is too long.
    any recomendations?
  • Yeah, now that google owns youtube, it has very competant spam filtering filters. From my knowledge, it's the links that makes it say "no, no chain comments for you." You could just replace that with "google tribesnext" or something similar. IDK if youtube implements this, but i know that the google image labeler uses a honeypot spam prevention system. Needless to say, FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
  • I think someone should like lock themselves in a room for a day and make a tight ass ad-pic so we can all just spam it over the internet. I love this game, been playing since it first came out... I'd hate to see it die :(
  • Pull the old players back in and treat them right when they get here.

If you had a cool, small sig with ad and link to downloads, I would use it. Do you have one somewhere?
  • DAMN!!!! I enjoy playing "tribes" also but... Let it go man, just let it go!
  • So I posted a little thingy on like 20 videos on youtube. 90% of them were negative replies such as "face it tribes has died deal with it and quit whining crybaby". The other ones have suggested other games that are great FPS's. But every time I'm on youtube. I'll be sure to post somethin about TNext.
  • I forgot all about this game. Used to be a massive fan, formed my a clan etc back in the day.

Quiet afternoon in the office and came across a link to your site on wikipedia. Still it didn't exactly have much info on there. Fleshing that out and getting people to know that it is still around would be the best course of action.

Looking forward to downloading a copy this evening!
  • Good to have you here. Tell everyone you know and get ahold of all your clan members and inform then about TNext!
  • Anybody come up with an ad? If not, I might be able to make one with my spare time... :D
  • Pull the old players back in and treat them right when they get here.

This made me lol. Usually its the opposite.
  • OK, thought of something that will get something going I think.
    In a different thread (Tribes 2 Wallpapers) (or: http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=1277.0) I offered to create some graphics for everyone to use. Purpose is to tease and seduce people to check T2Next out.
    Please read in that thread how you can help.

Once these graphics are created, I will start posting them in places were old vets and young newbloods may hang out. I am thinking of Facebook, Partypeeps, Hyves, Twitter and forums of uni's and high schools. Some of the old vets will check T2Next out when they hear about it. Some will have kids :(

I know that these days a lot of teenagers play free multiplayer online games like Runescape and that free Counterstrike-clone. Just because it is multiplayer and it is free.
    And now there is T2Next. It is multiplayer. It is free. They just don't know about it.
    Yet...

Maybe you can do the same with your Facebook/Twitter/Hyves/social network of choice...
  • The chance to promote TribesNext is already over.

Remember when all the mainstream gaming news sites mentioned TN a few months back? That was it.

But,

the owner of the site didn't capitalize on that opportunity, leaving alot of potentially new players having no idea what the game is like. After reaching TribesNext.com, all they saw was some random logo.

No screenshots,

no videos,

and they left.
  • @Denniz: Might want to post TNext stuff into gaming networks too, not only social ones.
  • @ L|H: ofcourse!