Kryand >:0

The quote in my signature is taken from a post he made on TWL, which he's probably going to delete.

I think that was a step in the wrong direction for TN.

Discuss.

Comments

• You give that fellow too much credit, methinks, credit he'd be happy to take as well.
  • I doubt Kryand did what he described in that post, however, I'm sure that if he had done that, he'd be very proud of doing so.

I talked with WarLovR about switching to TribesNext, however, he said he was having problems. I then told him to make a post in our "Server Support" forum (it was more active back when he asked for help), but, he never did. He seemed as if he were afraid of doing so or something.
  • Looks like Demoncard is still obsessed with me.
    Why on earth would I delete that? EWO and Rebels were both a black hole. If a newb entered, he was doomed to stay a terrible idiot for the rest of his Tribes 2 career. Just look at Demoncard; he's one of the few newbs of Rebels to venture beyond after Rebels died, and it really shows. The absolute last thing this game needs is more newbie black holes, since that's a large part of why it died the first time around.
  • Are ewo and rebels still up?
  • Are ewo and rebels still up?
    According to an IP I pulled off the EWo site, they still have an active server. 0/64 at 8:00 PM EST in the summer time, but not on a Friday. *bookmarks for later non-use*

I can't find any IPs for Rebels servers, and I'm not about to install Bouncer just to get that worthless information.
  • The following quote is an actual post demoncard made on tribes next:
    Im competetive, ive been playing since release.
    Ive been smurfing before you were were born.

which he's probably going to delete because of how terrible it makes him look after all these years.
  • you do good work there, red
  • Ewo still runs, mostly only populated on fridays lately, and its summer so numbers are lower lately due to that too.
  • The following quote is an actual post demoncard made on tribes next:
    Why? Was that a trolling attempt? What has that got to do with anything?

gtfo this thread , we (me) dont need you.

Kryand, I am not a "newb", I am Demoncard.

Newbs of rebels? I'd whup you(in a game), and so could all the other - if any - rebels newbs.

You suck, I own, end of story.
  • :D I love this community.
  • i think tarzul is saying he smells a llama. (napolean dynamite?)
    of course demoncard's roots are in rebels, so he could be upset by kryand's slight; my own opinion is that i welcome goonhaven over rebels any day. much better admins, good choice of mod. luckily they continually update the map rotation too.
  • Kryand, I am not a "newb", I am Demoncard.

Newbs of rebels? I'd whup you(in a game)

Re-read my above post. You're not new, but you sure are terrible. Just wanted to settle that claim before this moved on.
  • Kryand, I am not a "newb", I am Demoncard.

Newbs of rebels? I'd whup you(in a game)

Re-read my above post. You're not new, but you sure are terrible. Just wanted to settle that claim before this moved on.
    how would you know? Ive never seen you.

, so he could be upset by kryand's slight; my own opinion is that i welcome goonhaven over rebels any day. much better admins, good choice of mod. luckily they continually update the map rotation too.
    Its not the server i miss, its the people.
    Admins are worse (less?), in my opinion.
    of course demoncard's roots are in rebels
    You dont know me, so you cant make that allegation. 8)
    Its wrong anyway. :-*

Smurf Haven >.
  • umm ok, i don't really care who you are
    but i could care less if rebels server slides into the ass crack of hell and oblivion
  • Demoncard is one of those newbs who thinks being around for a long time entitles him to not be called a newb, even though he is worse than I was 1 week after I started playing. Regardless, he's a newb. His only defense for everything is "you don't know me!", which is only further evidence to him being terrible. Our only hope is that he's 12 years old, and will eventually grow out of being a moron. It would definitely be a depressing sight to see anyone older than that acting like he does.
  • Those threads you were in Kryand on the Rebels forums were quite entertaining.

I may even dig it up later for pure entertainment value.
  • Hi guys whats going on in this thread. Goon Haven is the only server that has 60+ players at a time regularly, so at least be thankful for that. I used to care about T2 drama, but not anymore, so to me all this is hilarious.
  • Kryand is a worthy opponent on the field and in the forums. He has a wealth of T2 related knowledge and experience. Unfortunately he has a very narrow view of why people should, and how they should play this game. He has the arrogance to extremely rude and vocal about his opinions on the subject.

EWO and Rebels were fun places to play FOR FUN WITHIN THE SERVER RULES OF THOSE SERVERS set-up by those server providers, not for competitive style gaming. They were pub servers! Kryand and his pals never seemed to understand that, they pulled a lot of (IMO) dirty stunts that ruined their reputations with a lot of people. But they wouldn't care about the opinions of (In Their Opinion) noobs or noob admins even though many were in competition when T1 was just released.

I do agree that competition could spark serious interest in this game, but it has become clearly obvious that the many don't want any part of competition due to real life committments, obligations or just don't want the hassle. Many just want a few hours a day to play with friends before doing whatever it is they do when they log off. Nothing wrong with those that want comp or don't, but this game will trully die if pubbing dies out!
  • I'd argue that having only one pub server means pubbing has died out. Goons does seem to have at least twice as many players as Rebels did (probably because it's not running V2), which is a plus. I suppose there's also one active Arena server (at a time) and one active Construction server, which both existed in pretty much the same state before TribesNext. I guess in reality we have three choices when it comes to pubbing Tribes 2, but still, I wouldn't call that "pubbing". If competition is having a glorious ice cream dessert, and pubbing is having just plain ice cream, then what we have now is pretty much like licking the bowl. At least now it's a good flavor of ice cream instead of absolute shit like it was in Rebels. Even so, I find it questionable to call Tribes 2 "alive" right now.
  • Even so, I find it questionable to call Tribes 2 "alive" right now.
    So then Tribes 2 you would call Tribes 2 "undead" because it isn't dead, and you say it isn't alive, so we're all playing a game in a state of brain muncing awesomeness?
  • Meaningless opinions are meaningless.
    Yeah especially when the come from anyone other than me.
    Yeah especially when the come from anyone other than me.
    Meaningless opinion of the day: I think your shoes smell. :0
  • edited July 2009
    ;D Hey Dunna you and Demon are right on target. Tribes Classic, Base are just older versions of the best game ever and worked well. ;) Version 2 is so far advanced some just can't see it. Any how visit our Version2 server ## {dggs} Fast Action and enjoy a game or two, we welcome all fair/opened minded players. I'm really sorry Rebels and Ewo shut down their great servers :-[I miss em.
    RB10
  • lol this guy's posts are always such a riot.
  • Any how visit our Version2 server ## {dggs} Fast Action and enjoy a game or two, we welcome all fair/opened minded players.

I'm an open minded player, and I can tell you that v2 is a shit mod.
  • v2 was 2 ez
  • What I want to know is where does a 10 year old get access to the resources to run a Tribes 2 server?
  • Any how visit our Version2 server ## {dggs} Fast Action and enjoy a game or two, we welcome all fair/opened minded players.

I'm an open minded player, and I can tell you that v2 is a shit mod.
    Agreed.